Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
What an amazing trip and wonderful pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Thank you so much for reading!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by C4rla View Post
What an amazing trip, thanks for sharing.

My question may be a little random given all the lovely information you've shared - but, what is the app you used for licence plate spotting? Sounds great fun!
Thanks so much for reading!
The app we’ve use is called Plates Free but I’m sure there are others. I also print out a hard copy too, just google the licence plate game and loads of print outs are available

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Looks like you had a fab holiday, photos look amazing. Looking forward to reading the whole trip when you get time.
Thanks so much for reading

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you Jo! Yes I do remember you saying the same, I would highly recommend to anyone.
I do think I’d give LA another try but avoid the real touristy bits next time, it can’t all be that bad 😂
I have got my eye on a Southern States road trip taking in the Smoky Mountains and South Carolina for next year, just waiting for flights to be released and praying they’re not too high!
Will be back to the West Coast soon though, I really did fall in love
I will await your pre trippie for the Southern States. Sounds great. I hope you manage to get flights in your price range.
I am just trying to decide where to do a little road trip from Vegas. We did Utah in June which was amazing. Happy planning.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I will await your pre trippie for the Southern States. Sounds great. I hope you manage to get flights in your price range.
I am just trying to decide where to do a little road trip from Vegas. We did Utah in June which was amazing. Happy planning.
So do I, it’s the waiting for flights to be released that’s the nerve wracking part!
Ooh decisions, how about the Lake Tahoe area? We now love road tripping, just need the pesky kids to leave home so we’re not tied to school holidays 😂
Utah and the Mighty 5 are on the list for my big birthday in a couple of years, I can’t wait!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What an amazing trip thank you for sharing 😀 x
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

great photos and you covered a lot of areas.

I love the mountains around Solvang and Santa Barbara. Thats California wine country and if you explore the towns off the highway you can find little gems of wineyards and wine restaurants.

Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame is a dive and is usually avoided by locals unless they are going to a specific event / restaurant or cinema. Most of the street performers and lookalikes are actually homeless. They make money by charging for photos. Disney and the other studios have major issues with them, as they are basically stealing the IP of the studios. However The Hollywood City Council wont remove them, as they bring in tourist revenue to the Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame area.

There is a lot more to LA than just Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame. Some of my friends live in Old Town South Pasadena, and its so totally different from Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame.

Santa Monica beach is where Baywatch was filmed, not Venice Beach. Also there is alot more to Santa Monica than the beach and pier, 3rd Street Promenade is the main shopping and restaurant area. Its a pedestrian area where there are often street performers.

When you move away from Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame there are tons of museums, exhibitions, things to do, in LA.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
What an amazing trip thank you for sharing 😀 x
It really was! Thank you for reading

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
great photos and you covered a lot of areas.

I love the mountains around Solvang and Santa Barbara. Thats California wine country and if you explore the towns off the highway you can find little gems of wineyards and wine restaurants.

Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame is a dive and is usually avoided by locals unless they are going to a specific event / restaurant or cinema. Most of the street performers and lookalikes are actually homeless. They make money by charging for photos. Disney and the other studios have major issues with them, as they are basically stealing the IP of the studios. However The Hollywood City Council wont remove them, as they bring in tourist revenue to the Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame area.

There is a lot more to LA than just Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame. Some of my friends live in Old Town South Pasadena, and its so totally different from Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame.

Santa Monica beach is where Baywatch was filmed, not Venice Beach. Also there is alot more to Santa Monica than the beach and pier, 3rd Street Promenade is the main shopping and restaurant area. Its a pedestrian area where there are often street performers.

When you move away from Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame there are tons of museums, exhibitions, things to do, in LA.
Thank you for reading!
I’m sure there’s much more to LA than what we saw but with only one full day we could only see so much.
I live just outside of London and love the city and all the hidden parts we’ve discovered over the years but I can imagine if someone visiting only saw Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus on a busy Saturday they’d probably say the same 😂
I’m sure we’ll go back to LA one day so will make sure to stay off the main tourist track and explore the more local areas.

IG - alicialanesmith