Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jambomalc
Earning More Ears

Including New York

Hi, starting to think about our next trip to the magic in 2021 and we're considering a few nights in New York to start off with. Anyone who's done something similar have any advice for us regarding best flights, hotels, internal US flights etc? Thanks in advance.
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

All I can say is the price of hotels in NY is ridiculous so be prepared.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jambomalc
Earning More Ears

Thanks.

And I may have posted this in the wrong section so those who do, please move as appropriate.
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

We did this at Easter, flew MAN to JFK with TC and return MCO to MAN with TC. We spent a few days in NY and then a couple of days in Philly, we flew internal from Philly to MCO with Air Southwest, they were great! no baggage charges, flexible flights and you get a drink and snack (think packet of crisps) to munch on. Hotels in NY are expensive but we found central philly more expensive and lower quality. We stayed in the pod at times sq in a 2 bed suite and for the space and location it was much better value than we had in philly. Research areas and where you want to be in NY carefully and shop around for hotels, we originally booked to stay in a different hotel but cancelled and rebooked when a better price and room became available at the pod. This is getting to be a long post now - sorry! if you have any other questions just ask or drop me a pm. Happy planning - it is a great trip!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We are doing it in April next year, we have been to NY many times but the last time was 2008 so it is quite exiting.

We have booked reward international flights so we will be in New York at the beginning and end of the trip, four days at the beginning and one at the end as we wont have connected flights and don't want to risk a delay and missing the flight home.

There are thousands of hotels in New York, probably the first thing to decide is budget and if you want to be in a particular location. If you are a first time visitor, mid town might be a good place to base yourself.

On our four night stretch we are doing two nights downtown at the Conrad New York, quite near the One World Trade Centre and we will do all the sights that end of Manhattan for those two days. After that we move to the Plaza on the edge of Central Park, it was a bit too pricey to stay there for all four nights but it is a big birthday for me so we will be there that night and the day before.

I haven't looked at flights yet, but they are plentiful and not expensive so I am not concerned about it and will book much nearer the time, I will price up Delta, AA and United and take whatever.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We did this last year, TC flight to JFK and an returning from Orlando. Internal flight I booked with Southwest, it was really cheap. Other suggestions I was given for internal flights were JetBlue. We stayed in the Broadway Plaza hotel which was central for us, and large rooms, it was reasonably priced and included breakfast. Hope this helps

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List