Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Vern
Earning More Ears

Mobile Beware of Universals Customer Care

So my family went to Universal this morning. Got to Hagrid ride which was clearly not working but staff refused to admit to a technical fault and made everyone put all belongings (including water) in the lockers. Now been two and a half hours standing in the sun (100 degrees and sunny at the moment) without water. No staff to explain what’s going on and no one giving out water. Unsafe and appalling customer service from Universal - shame on them and be warned people heading there anytime soon!
Big Vern is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Vern
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Quick update - apparently they have set up a stall selling water to the queue! How very considerate of them!
Big Vern is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
thelegalbeagle
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
Quick update - apparently they have set up a stall selling water to the queue! How very considerate of them!
Is that the stall just as you turn left and go into the single rider line? I think it's been there since day 1.

Poor show not to keep the queue hydrated. It's not as if they didn't know it would be immensely popular. It's been regularly queued out the door.
thelegalbeagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Vern
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’m not sure to be honest - think it was a cart they wheeled out! Annoys me they are so keen to take your money but are not worried about your well being once they have got their hands on it. Not unlike Southern Rail - maybe they are the same company!
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

how do you pay for it if your possessions are in a locker?
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

And how come you can stand in a queue with water that has been bought in the queue but not with water that you had beforehand? It doesn't make sense?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It’s a theme park there’s no way they will hand out water for free , if u go at this time of year 100 degree heat is the norm
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Was like that when we queued for slinky dog ride when it opened but at least there were water fountains dotted around the queue.
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Hagrid is working at circa one quarter capacity due to design faults with an overheating launch system.
But they advertised it before it was properly tested, and have to keep it open as a result.
This is attracting large numbers of visitors to the park who can not ride it.
Combined with the paid for Express Pass (which is opened up to thousands of hotel guests) where Express Pass is given huge priority over standard queue, means Islands of Adventure was a poor show for us at anything after early morning. After a supposed 15 min queue for Dudley Dooright did wrong at an hour for us, whilst Express Pass streamed in, we gave up and went home. Hagrid was either shut or 3-5 hour waits so gave up on that.
Went back to Islands of Adventure with the Express passes at end of holiday when staying at Hard Rock. Park is a mess at the moment without Express Pass.
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

Went to Universal Studios this morning as we are AP holders and got in early, did Gringotts, and a few other rides, left about 11.30. Lots of wait times over 45 minutes.

The train wasn't running according to the App, and Hagrid was showing 300 minutes wait.

I get the feeling it is going to be a long time until I can get on the Hagrid ride, no way in the world would I wait 5 hours.

At least having an AP it doesn't cost anything to park, that would really "ring my bell", $26 and hardly a chance of riding anything.

It does seem to be getting worse in my opinion.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List