Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Aug 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Do I extend my trip...

Hi guys... so we aren’t going until next year so plenty of time to decide this but!
We’ve booked 5 nights In POFQ with Disney dining and 14 days ultimate, I’m very excited so I prematurely drafted a plan of our days in Disney! After doing so I’m starting to think maybe this isn’t long enough, I have been before but never onsite with DDP and OH has never been at all. We want to make use of our TS credits in the eve and take some time out to relax!

Just wanted peoples opinions on whether it can be done in 5 days ( without being completely rushed ) or should we extend to 6/7? Not too fussed about water parks just don’t want to miss out on rides and shows at parks, also wouldn’t mind spending some time at Disney springs / boardwalk!

We are in Orlando for a week before with family just doing universal and flexible of what to do and how long to stay for after !

Also what’s the cost of extending a stay in admin fees?

Any help , advice and opinions would be great!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of us here would say you can never have enough time! But, most Americans go for 5 days/a week so it's possible.

It means being a big more planned with your park days and doing longer days than you might for a longer stay, and TS meals can take up a bit of time.

Personally I found we didn't need as long for Universal as we thought, but guessing your 14 day tickets start when you check in to POFQ?
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

If your husband hasn’t been before you won’t be able to do it in five days. Four parks, two water parks, limited to three fast passes and wanting to do stuff again. You’ll struggle
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

We did a split stay this time and had five days at Disney onsite. I think we would have liked a bit longer, it was very busy and we didn't feel like we got to do much at either AK or HS other than we booked an event night at AK.

I don't want to say this is a right answer though, it is just my view, I am sure there are plenty of people that only have five days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Mobile

You can visit all of the parks in 5 days but whether ir nit you will be happy that you have done everything will be down to you. Three weeks was never enough for us, still left thinking that we would do it differently next time.
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I find I can’t enjoy Disney (excluding the water parks as well) thoroughly in less than 8 days. I’ll happily do 9 night stays in cooler months when you can whizz about better though. That said of course you can see and a do a lot in 5 days but it would be tiring and involve missing quite a lot out. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t enjoy it though. There is only an amendment fee for reducing the cost of your stay if you booked direct with WDW UK.
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

If you have the money and leave to extend then I would. We have done a week before and we felt we didn’t do much compared to our usual trips so I wouldn’t recommend it for a first timer. There is so much to do. You could stay for 3 weeks and still not do everything on offer.

Of course, if you can only do 5 nights, you will still have a fantastic time. You just need to manage your expectations.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Lots of us here would say you can never have enough time! But, most Americans go for 5 days/a week so it's possible.

It means being a big more planned with your park days and doing longer days than you might for a longer stay, and TS meals can take up a bit of time.

Personally I found we didn't need as long for Universal as we thought, but guessing your 14 day tickets start when you check in to POFQ?
Yes our tickets only activated at hotel check in ! Family aren’t to fussed on doing Disney again in the first week either !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I find I can’t enjoy Disney (excluding the water parks as well) thoroughly in less than 8 days. I’ll happily do 9 night stays in cooler months when you can whizz about better though. That said of course you can see and a do a lot in 5 days but it would be tiring and involve missing quite a lot out. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t enjoy it though. There is only an amendment fee for reducing the cost of your stay if you booked direct with WDW UK.
Yeah I think I may be leaning toward extending ... good to know about the fee as we did book direct! Would I need to call Disney or can I amend online? Thanks
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

With u saying about ts credits, I'm assuming you know to upgrade your plan to ddp as pofq is qsdp... we are going in may 2nd time onsite first time at pofq.. and weve upgraded to ddp so excited! If u can afford it extend it! If u cant, it's a perfect excuse for another trip lol x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List