Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

Question Maldives

Did you get bored? Seriously, i have now looked to book a couple of times then booked for Florida instead but would love to go at least oncebjn my life. So am thinking may next year. Maybe not the best month we might bring it forward but am looking at the moment. Would like a decent size island but maybe you could walk round nice room, good food , might go full board so would need to buy drinks, i don't drink and dh mainly wine is beer so don't think worth AI. Any help would be nice looking at 9 night ish
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We got back from the Maldives last weekend after spending 9 nights there
We took ds who is 14, none of us got bored and we are used to busy Orlando holidays
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

Which island? Would you recommend? Who did you book through also weather at this time was it good? Lots of questions, sorry.
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Weather was mixed, the first part of the week felt like being in Florida - heavy downpours and humid but but then improved and it’s constantly hot and warm enough to go in the sea etc

I work for who I booked it through so not sure I can promote it, might need to check first
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

We always go to Meedhupparu. Its a 45 minute transfer by seaplane from Male. It used to be fairly reasonable in price but has increased in cost from November this year as the rooms have been re-furbed and its chnging to premium all inclusive. Usually go for 10 nights and have never been bored. one word of advice: DON'T do Bed and Breakfast or Half Board unless you've just won mega bucks on the lottery. Everything is imported and very expensive.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
looking at this for DW and myself for next year,as it will be our first holiday without the kids,the islands look lovely,i know what you mean about being bored ,after 7 Florida trips we are used to being on the go doing the parks and stuff,deffo considering it though.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

The Maldives is on my bucket list. Florida this year so maybe 2020
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We nearly booked for next year but have booked Thailand instead. Definitely on my bucket list though.

Emirates had some good offers on when I was looking.

Edited at 07:13 AM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

The wife and I did a couple of weeks at Kuramhati island a few years ago,surprisingly we didn't get bored. The snorkeling was great as there was a reef along the island.
We did a fishing trip and a day trip to see some other islands.
Definitely recommend the sea plane transfer over the fast boat.

kuramathi
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes if I’m honest I got bored. We did Soneva Fushi and a week would have been more than enough. Do a two centre holiday if you fancy it - few days in Dubai on the way there or back
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List