Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Aug 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Magic Band Order Time

I am sure this has been covered before but I must have missed it.

We arrive at CSR on 26 Sept. On MDE it says we have 1 day left to order our magic bands, but the ones I want aren’t in stock at the moment.

When I click on the ? next to the 1 day left it states:

As soon as you book your Resort stay, choose your MagicBand and print your name. MagicBands will ship to your home.

10-6 Days Before Your Trip
Choose your MagicBand and print your name. MagicBands will ship only to your Resort.

5-1 Days Before Your Trip
MagicBand selection is no longer available. Complimentary gray MagicBands will be sent to your Resort.

When do I actually have to pick the bands by? If I need to do it tonight I will so we can get colours rather than gray but I’d rather hold out for my snack band if I can!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

11 days before your trip it says so ensure you get them!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
11 days before your trip it says so ensure you get them!
Sorry if I’m missing something but where does it say 11 days before your trip? Thank you.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Sorry if I’m missing something but where does it say 11 days before your trip? Thank you.
I read this on Disney and I’m pretty sure on here as well... i think if you’re that close to your trip do it ASAP! Better safe than sorry

Edit - just found the message on MDE
You can now choose from complimentary or special pre-order prices on premium MagicBands. Order up to 11 days before your expected arrival date to have your MagicBands shipped to your home. Special pricing is valid online only.

Edited at 11:21 PM.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
I read this on Disney and I’m pretty sure on here as well... i think if you’re that close to your trip do it ASAP! Better safe than sorry

Edit - just found the message on MDE
You can now choose from complimentary or special pre-order prices on premium MagicBands. Order up to 11 days before your expected arrival date to have your MagicBands shipped to your home. Special pricing is valid online only.
Thank you. I have seen this too, but I am confused that MDE says I have only one day left to choose when we’re 32 days away! I’ve also seen some other forums where people have said one month rather than 11 days confused!
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Update: I’ve ordered two plain coloured bands!

Edited at 12:05 AM.
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Yeah our count down date is less than the 11 days... maybe it’s to encourage people to sort them sooner! Seems very strange... at least you got some sorted !
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Update: I’ve ordered two plain coloured bands!
You should still be able to edit them if you see the one's you want. Only problem you may have is it might not let you see the premium bands now. If you find you now keep getting the seven dwarfs screen saying the page is temporarily unavailable get in touch with them and they should be able to reopen it for you to view. I had this problem and was doing online chat on mde on a daily basis. They said I shouldn't have picked plain colours as that prevents you from seeing the premium bands but at no point did it say that would be the case! Good luck.
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Mde said we had to order by 13th for check in 19th. I'd been trying for about a month and a half without success. Earlier in the day on 13th there were few to choose from, but not the ones we originally wanted. By the time my wife arrived home from work there were hardly any. I went for a galaxies edge one anyway. Once ordered I couldn't get back in to look again. The system is still a work in progress so it may be running better now.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all. I’ve had a look and I can still see the $10 bands but the snack one just doesn’t seem meant to be for me! It shows that it’s available 9 out of 10 times that I check, but when I try to complete the order it never goes through! At least I have my coloured bands as back up now as I didn’t want another gray set (we didn’t know about customising them last time we stayed at Disney!).