Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Mar 15, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 8 - Magic Kingdom

Here is the link for my pre-trip and previous days.

Index - Pre-trip and previous days

Up at a leisurely 7am today. We had a really lazy morning. We face timed auntie Alex at home and she was having fun with sparrow! He was playing up for her and had shredded his lovely bed overnight. Oh well, we were in Florida! We face timed George (our nephew) too and Aaron gave him a tour of the villa.

We got our swim stuff on and spent a couple of hours playing and lazing around. Aaron and tom played their games that they'd created; The Swirler 3000 and diving for spoons TM ha. We had a lovely morning just relaxing and sleeping.

At 12 we started to get ready. We called at JC penny which was only down the road. Sam and I got some new shorts while tom looked at the jeans and watches. We found a makeup section where I got some benefit cheek stain that I had been after. It was so much cheaper here. Sam got some new lipstick and a bottle of D & G to take home for our mum.

All done and we headed down the road to the nearest McDonalds. Wow! The menu was huge and the food was delicious. It was really cheap too but the service was sooo slow! It really was rubbish. Oh well, it's only a quick pit stop on the way to magic kingdom

We made good time and parked up in heroes, Simba 25. We got a tram straight away to the TTC and decided to get the ferry over. It was so so hot today, really humid and we were all very glamourously sweating. It was lovely using the ferry though and we stood right at the front with a lovely view over the water of the castle.

In we went and the first stop was the loos to cool down and freshen up! We had some photopass pictures taken on main street next.

We had a FP for monsters inc so headed over there first. We waited for about 10 minutes for the next show. We really enjoyed this, it was very funny. Once we were out we got some drinks and ice creams to keep cool. The little mermaid ride was next on the agenda. It was a nice ride and the theming was lovely.

We nipped into storybook circus now so Aaron could look at the pins. We were in here for ages looking at everything and trying all of the silly hats on. We got a treat each after watching the CM's making the apples. Aaron had an Olaf cookie which he decided he didn't like, oh well more for us. I had a mickey M&M rice crispy treat. Samantha had a massive mickey head cookie which she ended up sharing with Aaron. Tom got a giant macaroon. All delicious as usual at Disney.

We walked back down toward Space Mountain as we had a fast pass. On the way we stopped for a while to have a dance with the Incredible’s. It was really fun and felt like a really good party atmosphere.

Time for our fast pass now and we were so happy to miss a huge queue. The ride was so fast! Aaron loved it but we screamed the whole way round haha.

Tom and Aaron then went for a go on the tomorrow land speedway. Sam and I sat and had drinks and chilli cheese fries while they rode. It took, about 45 mins before they were back.

It was 8 o'clock now and we decided to head round to Main Street to get a spot for the electrical parade. It was sooo busy! We were expecting busy but it was really bad.

The CM's were being really strict and only letting people walk through with no stopping. We were helpfully pointed in the direction of adventure land to get a spot. We actually had a really good spot in the end so we sat on the kerb and waited.

We really enjoyed the parade and being sat down was lovely as the people behind us could see too then too. The final float on the parade wasn't working which was a bit of a disappointment.

When it was finished we walked over to the bridge near Splash Mountain and got a front spot. This was another CM suggestion and it was a good spot, butt maybe not for a first time wishes experience. After about 5 minutes Aaron fell asleep on Tom. We gave him about 10 minutes then woke him up when wishes started. He was so excited to see the fireworks and he'd of been gutted to miss them! Wishes was good but we knew it wasn't the full experience with having a side view etc.

We had plans to watch it again when it wasn't so busy next week so no great loss. To be honest, tonight MK was a not recommended park on the Dibb hours guide. This was the only time that we ignored this as we really wanted to watch wishes this week. We learnt our lesson here though as the guide was spot on every day with busyness levels.

We thought that we could get a sneaky ride on Splash Mountain while we were here as it said 20 minutes but the CM advised that it was more like 45 now but that it hadn't caught up yet on the screen. We decided to give it a miss as we were so tired. As I'm sure everyone knows it takes ages to get back out through Main Street after wishes.

The queue for the monorail was really busy so I used my naughty Dibb trick and got the resort one back to the TTC instead. It still took about half an hour to queue for the tram back to the car. We were home pretty quickly. Sam and Aaron straight to bed tonight. We stayed up to make sure that we were ready for tomorrow's early start. Bad planning here really with a late night and then an early start, oh well

Edited at 03:01 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 16 Mar 15, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I think this is the day we arrived, October 11th. We only did 2 weeks so flew home the same day as you.
Loving your trip report :-)
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
I think this is the day we arrived, October 11th. We only did 2 weeks so flew home the same day as you.
Loving your trip report :-)
Aw really? I hope that you had as much of a good time as we did x
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
Thanks Joan, I'm glad that you are enjoying it x
Old 17 Mar 15, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
See what can happen when you don't listen to the Dibb for your planning !

A good day, but I don't tend to enjoy afternoons in the parks, as much as mornings. There are just too many people, we're hot and we never seem to get much done.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Absolutely loving your report so far

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another fantastic day!

Love your MK photos! Really good

Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List