Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 15, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 12 - Universal and Bubba Gumps

Here is a link to my previous days and pre-trip report:

Index - Pre-trip and previous days

Considering the amount of alcohol consumed last night, myself and Tom are up and ready at half past 6 this morning. Samantha had decided last night to stay behind and have a lie in. Aaron was deeply asleep so we left them to it and headed out.

The taxi boat was already waiting this morning so we were over to the studios in no time.

The aim this morning was to really take our time browsing the shops and to pick up the other wand for Aaron that he was torn between yesterday. We looked in all of the places that we had missed and bought some Christmas presents for Aaron. I also got a key ring, some Christmas tree decorations and a lovely collectible gift box with wizarding coins in it for my father in law (he collects coins- although usually not harry potter ones)

We went to Olivanders and spent ages looking at the wands! I could've spent a fortune in here I did end up treating my friend back home to Sirius Black's wand, he collects them and keeps them on display and I knew he didn't have this one

Tom made a friend because of his t-shirt, I don't get it myself She was quite taken with him though and they chatted for a good 20 minutes!

We got Harry Potter's wand for Aaron. This was the one that he didn't buy yesterday. He'd happily parted with his own money for the elder wand so we were more than happy to surprise him with the other one. I knew he would play with these everyday and I was right, he's not out them down!

When we'd had our fill we headed back to the hotel to get rid of the bags that we had managed to accumulate, oops. Once we were back at the room however we discovered that Sam and Aaron had already checked out, as our key wouldn't work Now the fun started! We spent the best part of an hour trying to get a wi-fi connection and get hold of them! :angry:

Eventually sorted, we found them having a late breakfast in a lounge. They'd dumped the bags in the lobby so we fetched those and put them in the car. While we'd been out this morning, they had had a lie in and watched some TV

We were back out to the parks now and headed for Islands of adventure. Sam and I rode The Hulk with a 5 minute wait. I didn't like it. It gave me a blistering headache (It was 100% the ride and nothing to do with last night’s drinks! ) It really did leave me feeling queasy though so I sat the next ride out and Tom went by himself.

In the meantime Samantha and Aaron rode storm force acceleration a couple of times and had a giggle. Tom was back with us now, he'd enjoyed The Hulk, obviously not as hungover as me!

It was getting hot now so we picked up some drinks. We all rode Spider-Man too. We spent quite a bit of time in the shops today getting any last bits that we saw. I managed to get some more Christmas presents too. I got two particular purchases which made me happy, the first was a Deadpool t-shirt for Aaron. It is so hard to find merchandise for less popular characters! The second was a Breaking Bad/Popeye t-shirt for Tom. (They both loved them!)

We spent most of the morning in the same area. Aaron queued to meet wolverine with Tom, they were both so happy and had a great time posing with him.

I'd love to know what Aaron and the Captain are talking about in these pics! He spent AGES with him!

Sam had a braid done in her hair, it took quite a while and she enjoyed just sitting in the sun people watching and chatting to the girl about beaches etc.

Next up was a meet and greet with Rogue and Storm. Aaron and I love x-men so it was great to see the characters out and about. He had photos taken and autographs done and they really made a big fuss of him. He'd picked a good day to wear his x-men t-shirt!

The characters here really did spend a lot of time with Aaron asking him questions about England and Liverpool, he loved it!

Aaron and Tom spent some time in the arcade while Samantha finished up. We had more drinks on the way out as it was really hot by now. We said goodbye to universal, we had another week left on our tickets but we decided that we'd probably seen enough for this trip and with so much more to do we realised we were running out of time

We had one more thing to do before we left though. We had promised ourselves that we would visit Bubba Gumps and even though it was early afternoon (about one o'clock) we decided to go now!

We were so glad we made the decision, the food was amazing. We had no wait for a table as it was only lunch time. Our waitress was fantastic. She really knew her shrimp! I was struggling to make a decision and she gave me some pointers which was good of her.

We all had some sort of shrimp. I had two appetisers, Cajun shrimp and a big bucket of garlic shrimp (I think!) Tom had the chef special trio, Sam had a prawn, muscle and crab pasta. Aaron had a chicken wing starter, he only managed about 4 of them as they were huge!

I had a cocktail (hair of the dog and all that! ) Samantha had a pineapple Lemo slush in a souvenir glass too which she enjoyed. We were so full and it was amazing, our waitress was fantastic, she always seemed to know what we needed and really knew the food as well as her Forrest Gump trivia!

On a side note, halfway through the meal Samantha received a call to let her know that she had gotten a new job! We were really happy for her and it made the meal all the more enjoyable! The best part was that she could now stop wondering about it, it was really good of them to let her know even while she was away!

Back to the hotel now to fetch the car and we were on our way home. I slept the whole way back and felt so much better for it. Aaron was straight in the pool and I was right behind him! We played for an hour or so while Samantha slept. Then Aaron did parades and games in the pool for mine and Samantha's entertainment . All this time Tom had been unpacking and doing the washing! He eventually joined Aaron for an hour or so while Samantha and I chatted and drank Mountain Dew.

None of us were overly hungry and Aaron wanted to stay in. Samantha decided that they would just watch a film tonight and rest. Tom and I weren't sure what we wanted to do so we got ready and headed out. We ended up on the 192 looking for these stupid trainers for Tom’s brother! We were told that you can only get these in the Florida mall.

Next up were some tacky gift shops, we actually had a great time looking at all the tat!

We were hot now and I needed coffee so we headed to a Starbucks a few doors down. We had a good chat and catch up which sound silly but we hadn't had a chance to talk!

We contemplated going for a proper meal but I couldn't face it, I felt too queasy. We called at Walmart and spent HOURS looking around! This might be some people’s idea of a nightmare but we loved it. I got some bargains!

This is a MacDonald’s INSIDE Walmart! How big is that, crazy.

I got some more pins for Aaron, make up, and an enormous bottle of our favourite Gallo wine mmmmm. This was for Samantha along with a congratulations card and new pen/paper for her desk in work.

We got money out while we were here too. Tom was hungry now so we called at Burger King on the way home. The portions were huge! The smell of it was making me feel sick so I passed. My stomach was killing me so I had some painkillers and was straight to bed.

A long and tiring couple of days but we enjoyed every minute. We loved being at universal and would definitely stay for longer next time.

Edited at 08:48 AM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Hi just caught up on your whole report loving it but I have to confess I have only just figured out which sister is which lol , also what is Toms tshirt about it's lost on me also !
Old 12 Apr 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We absolutely loved Bubba Gumps! The food was just delicious and such a great setting too! Can't wait to go back next month!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Hi just caught up on your whole report loving it but I have to confess I have only just figured out which sister is which lol , also what is Toms tshirt about it's lost on me also !
Haha that's funny because I don't think we look alike but we got stopped a few times to ask if we were twins! Thanks for reading, I hope you're enjoying it x
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 15 Apr 15, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww that was nice to get some time just the two of you in the morning. I bet Aaron was delighted with his other want

Glad you loved Bubba Gumps! I haven’t eaten there since 2009! Must go back Great news on Sam’s job!

I’m with you – love a good rake around Walmart

Uh oh, hope your tummy was better the next day! Was it just the hangover? Haha!
xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Oh where did Sam get her hair braid? My DD (9) is desperate to get one done but I wasn't sure where to go in Orlando - and as it turns out we are going to be at US/IOA on 2nd day of our trip to Orlando. Also if you don't mind me asking how much was it and how long did it take?
TINKERBELL43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List