Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 16, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
*andrea*
Excited about Disney

In my head my life is like a fairytale. My family is like the waltons, and my home is like a show home. But unfortunately we live in the real world! we can all wish though
Don't beat yourself up. 99% of us are probably in the same position.
*andrea* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 16, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I have a husband , 2 sons and 2 dogs, work full time and on Saturday mornings my house looks lovely! Other than that it's like a dumping ground! I have a sign that says " remember, as far as anyone knows we're a nice normal family"!

Me DH: DS:11 DS:7:
2003: DLRP - Santa Fe
2007, 2008, 2010, 2016: POR
2009: NYC in Feb for DH 30th B'day,
lensgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 16, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

You're an amazing Mum and that is the most important thing at this time in your life. The house will be tidy at some time in the future so don't worry about it. If neighbours turn up unexpectedly - you don't have to let them in the house, jusy make up some excuse

Katie
Old 5 Mar 16, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
janeway
Excited about Disney

What a great thread to read to start my day!

I used to clean the house from top to bottom before I had kids. Now have a dog as well and have always worked full time. House could do with a lick of paint and a tidy up. There is talk of some decorating soon though! Just 1 room.

I do washing at least once a day but baskets (yes I have 2) always seem to be overflowing.

Both DD and DS go to uni in september so I've decided to make the most of them being here... if they want a cuppa and a chat or for us to go somewhere with them then that's what we do. Plenty of time to sort ourselves out whilst they're away.

Someone once told my late DM who was extremely house proud HOUSES ARE FOR PEOPLE NOT PEOPLE FOR HOUSES. I try to remember that when I get uptight.
janeway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 16, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Some great comments on here about what is more important - the house or the Family. Couldn't agree more ref putting the Family first.
So there may be a bit of clutter or mess. Is everybody happy? That's what counts.

Being just the 2 of us now the house is pristine, no mess, nothing out of place and no redecoration needed.
The 5yr old Granddaughter arrives and it looks like a bomb site - great!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 16, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
I have told many of my friends who have said in the past I was going to call but didn't... etc...I have told them all, If you call unannounced its totally fine with me, I love visitors. However, if my house is tidy its been a good day, i'll invite you in and make you a cuppa! But, if its a mess its a probably been a tough day, so you put the kettle on and make me a cuppa, as I probably need one! :o) True friends really will not even notice if your house is messy or not!
It's taken me years to realise how true this is. I have finally learned to just open the door and welcome people in with a smile and an excuse the mess, it's a bit crazy round here today.

Noone has stormed out offended yet
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 16, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I had the same, except two dogs and two cats and a full time job.
I managed to stay on top of everything but it was damn hard, luckily at that age the kids didn't leave an untidy living room ( their bedrooms were a different matter) it was just a matter of routine.
We all lived in the same house so we all had jobs to do, even down to animal feeding, dog Poop patrol and bin emptying.
Mind you I've often been peeling potatoes for tomorrow's dinner at 10 at night or collecting the washing in and thinking to myself " what am I doing?"
I was younger and had more energy then I guess but I look back now and wonder how I coped.
Old 5 Mar 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was so like many moms on this thread trying to keep the house clean working racing around. Then my son left home and started his career suddenly house was still the same when i got home but empty. I live for him getting weekend leave bursting through my door leaving his uniform on the stairs as he runs for the shower using every towel he can find and the mess and noise he leaves in his wake. Forget the mess enjoy every moment of the chaotic sticky mess they leave xx
Old 5 Mar 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emi View Post
People with families like yours (and mine) don't have pristine houses. They clean before visitors come over
Same here!
I'd love a pristine home but both OH and I work long hours plus DS has so many activities to get to.
Our house is spotless briefly on
a Saturday afternoon. If anyone turns up without notice on any other day then they can't come in!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 16, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
true friends really will not even notice if your house is messy or not!
They would! Well
Mine would but they'd just laugh

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread