Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

This seems to be in the states rather than here. I buy mine over the counter and from Amazon and will continue to take it. We are surrounded by potential carcinogens in everyday life including smoked food and bbqs I’m really not worried
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
This seems to be in the states rather than here. I buy mine over the counter and from Amazon and will continue to take it. We are surrounded by potential carcinogens in everyday life including smoked food and bbqs I’m really not worried
Sensible Dotb
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I’ve seen it in the shops today. I buy it over the counter & have been looking at alternatives but it’s usually the only anti acid that works for me.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
My Doctor told me this afternoon. That it had been recalled and was the NHS can no longer prescribe it
I am surprised by this, there is absolutely no NHS or MHRA advice about Ranitidine at the moment. I have had lots of conversations with patients in the last few days about it and although I am off this afternoon your post made me wonder so I have just checked all the official emergency communication channels that we have about drug alerts and there is nothing on there for the UK at the moment.

I implore anyone who needs this medication not to stop taking it but if you were on it for occasional heartburn then it is worth a trial without sometimes to see if symptoms return. If you are worried then speak to your GP about a change to a PPI.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

There is info on the FDA website -A phone call to MHRA this morning they stated they were only recommending manufacturers quarantine specific batches at the moment.
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Maybe I will have a word with my Doctor then, he prescribed Gaviscon liquid and I hate it lol
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Just to say I picked up my mother's prescription no problem at the chemist.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Maybe I will have a word with my Doctor then, he prescribed Gaviscon liquid and I hate it lol
Have you tried the aniseed flavour? It's lovely.
My son in law takes the tablets, no taste at all.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Just bought three packets in Savers 49p, quite good value. They have the proprietary and generic in stock.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

I bought generic ranitidine this summer in the US, will this be ok? I still it just Zantac that's the problem?
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List