Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
10 day trip-Highs and Lows

Although we have been travelling to WDW a fair number of times this is the first time our trip has been longer than a week since 2011.

Highs
Fantastic 1-bed in Bay Lake Tower, actually got the coveted even number, high floor, north tower Lake view which gave me a firework view which we enjoyed several times for both the regular fireworks and the special xmas party ones.

Trying out the new Skyliner, I am claustrophobic but I am trying to tackle my fear head on and luckily we had no stoppages! It was a nice quick and convenient way to get from HS to Epcot.
Galaxys Edge- unlike the rest of my family I am not a huge SW fan but the area did seem well themed and it wasn't as busy as I expected.
Seeing the gingerbread creations at GF, WL and BC, really put me in the xmas spirit.

EMH at MK, the one night the park was open until midnight and the atmosphere was great, it felt almost like a party night. Never had such an enjoyable EMH experience. Staying at BLT so just being able to walk home was the icing on the cake.

Enjoying the xmas offerings at DHS, it was no Osborne Lights but it was still lovely.

Riding ToT on our own, we came out of a full library and when other people turned right we walked straight on and no-one followed!

Using the QS pre-ordering app and finding it worked really well!

Just Oks

Smugglers Run- the wait time was about an hour which I thought was fine and the queue is well themed. The ride however was not much to write home about. We got engineer and gunner, I gave DH gunner as he is more the fan. It was incredibly jerky (our pilots weren't great but they wer having a good time so no complaints!) and because I had to keep looking to the side to press buttons I was quite uncomfortable and it hurt my neck. I'm not very tall and couldn't reach the floor well so I was thrown about a lot. I didn't hear any warning on entering the ride about bad backs or necks so if people have a problem I would avoid it. We were rushed on quickly with no explanation of what we had to do just a CM shouting that we only had 30 seconds to get out belts on and go. The whole loading process felt a real shambles.

Lows
Waking up one morning to find BLT had absolutely no water, there was no recorded phone message or even a notice up in reception to explain that there had been a problem. We spent 40 minutes on hold to maintenance thinking it must just be our room. No showers or toilets for over 4 hours. Disasters happen but the way it is communicated is what makes the difference, came back to a note in the room alongside 2 very small bottles of Dasani and 4 squares of chocolate as way of an apology! We wiped down with wet wipes, pulled on hats and went to the MK for the toilet but I imagine it was more of an issue for some people so I didn't think that was much compensation, even a couple of FP would have softened it more!

The weather suddenly turned cold and didn't warm up again so we had to go out and buy warm jackets as our fleeces were not enough. This also meant we didn't stay in the parks as late as we normally do but at least we could enjoy the fireworks from our balcony.

I am excited for all the new things coming but the parks look a bit of a mess at the minute and all the hoarding does detract from the experience. I think they rested on their laurels for so many years that they are now having to do work all over to "catch-up". We have made the decision not to visit in 2020 which will be our first non-Disney year since 2006.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Christmas in each resort must have been so incredible to see.
Love your photos of Tower of Terror, especially being on the ride on your own - what a special moment.

Would love to stay at Bay Lake Tower, but the lack of water sounds a poor bit of customer care

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you liked BLT, we had 3 nights in a studio room, loved the MK views from the balcony. Also great walking back to room after MNSSHP, no buses just a 15mins walk, fantastic!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Great photo of TOT thank you for sharing, off to buy some fleeces for Christmas x
Old 22 Nov 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Great photo of TOT thank you for sharing, off to buy some fleeces for Christmas x
We have been at xmas and had shorts one day and woolly hats the next, as it says in the Lion King "Be Prepared!"
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Glad you liked BLT, we had 3 nights in a studio room, loved the MK views from the balcony. Also great walking back to room after MNSSHP, no buses just a 15mins walk, fantastic!
We have stayed at BLT a few times as it is our "home" but always end up with Lake View rooms facing Contemporary, never managed to see the fireworks before and it was wonderful.