Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Mar 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
‘Extra’ ticket...any of them ‘worth it’?

In 2017, when with then 10 and 6 year olds, we did the MK and Star Wars fireworks dessert parties and Early Morning Magic (when there was just 3 rides, but we made the most of this time and had a great experience). They didn’t have any After Hours events while we were there.

Been planning this trip for 18 months and had planned to do an After Hours event, but I’ve just been made redundant.

I know I can do none of them, but am considering options.

After Hours is almost $400 (if they put any on for our dates - they did for the last 2 years); but now I wonder if it’s too late anyway...

Fireworks parties were great, but they’ve put those prices up so much, that I had ruled those out (plus thinking we’d do AH instead).

Early Morning Magic now has 7 attractions open.

Or maybe we don’t need any of them. Since last going, my oldest has developed quite severe anxiety, so taking her to low crowd events would be relaxing. I intend to get a DAS pass, so guess we could use this for fireworks if we felt the need.

Any thoughts on ‘value for money’ for these events at these prices, please?
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Do you "need" any of them - no.

Are they nice to have - yes. Especially if you have someone who gets severe anxiety.

I can't really answer your question about "value for money" but I'll say this - I'm not going to be buying any of them. In my opinion, these are for people who have extra cash to spare and want an enhanced experience of the parks.

BTW, I'm not sure how having the DAS pass helps with the fireworks? A DAS pass helps if the person has an issue with waiting in a queue for a ride for extended periods. Instead of standing in the line they get a return time to come back later. Clearly that doesn't apply to the fireworks. Therefore, it won't be used for the fireworks. See the following Disney page for more info:
disneyparks.disney.go/bl...rd-fact-sheet/

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Do you "need" any of them - no.

Are they nice to have - yes. Especially if you have someone who gets severe anxiety.

I can't really answer your question about "value for money" but I'll say this - I'm not going to be buying any of them. In my opinion, these are for people who have extra cash to spare and want an enhanced experience of the parks.

BTW, I'm not sure how having the DAS pass helps with the fireworks? A DAS pass helps if the person has an issue with waiting in a queue for a ride for extended periods. Instead of standing in the line they get a return time to come back later. Clearly that doesn't apply to the fireworks. Therefore, it won't be used for the fireworks. See the following Disney page for more info:
disneyparks.disney.go/bl...rd-fact-sheet/
Thanks for your reply. I think I’ve come to the same conclusion. If I walk into a job in the next month or 2; I’ll revisit the question, but for now I think I’ve talked myself into the ‘not good value’ response.

Ah, I thought there was a disabled viewing area for Fireworks that you could access with the DAS pass. I think we’re going to watch it from behind the castle, nice and crowd free (comparatively! )
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Ah, I thought there was a disabled viewing area for Fireworks that you could access with the DAS pass. I think we’re going to watch it from behind the castle, nice and crowd free (comparatively! )
There might be a disabled viewing area and the DAS pass may help to get you into that area. It doesn't seem to mention this in the link I provided but perhaps it's just missed off?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List