Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 May 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Moving to October?

Has anyone moved their recent holiday to October and feels confident that it will go ahead?
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked to go in October but we don't think it will happen,so if we get the choice we are going to book for next October.
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Mobile

We are booked for October, I am trying to stay positive 🤞
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked for late October and I flit between feeling confident yesterday to today feeling there’s no chance. If I was in your position I’d rebook first next year and take away the stress. We still have balances due in July and that seems too soon to make a decision
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We are booked for October and our flights have been cancelled. There are 9 of us going. Don't know whether to book new flights or book for October next year when the flights come out. Just waiting to see how everything pans out till nearer the time. Got till October 10th to cancel hotel and get money back.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
We are booked for October and our flights have been cancelled. There are 9 of us going. Don't know whether to book new flights or book for October next year when the flights come out. Just waiting to see how everything pans out till nearer the time. Got till October 10th to cancel hotel and get money back.
What flights are you on that have been cancelled already? We are booked for half term. It think flying out on Sunday 18th. I’m not hopeful (but did some ADRs just in case) but will wait and see what happens and how the land lies when it time to pay the balances.

I wouldn’t bother rebooking at all at the moment and certainly not as soon as October
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
We are booked for October and our flights have been cancelled.
Seems a bit premature of the airline? We have flight for Oct and Im pretty confident that it will be fine.

Im flying to Spain on the 20 July and I don't think that will be an issue either. The industry can't withstand people not flying for that length of time. Virgin are already on the brink.
Old 10 May 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
Seems a bit premature of the airline? We have flight for Oct and Im pretty confident that it will be fine.

Im flying to Spain on the 20 July and I don't think that will be an issue either. The industry can't withstand people not flying for that length of time. Virgin are already on the brink.
I love your optimism, I would like to think we could get a holiday this year too!
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
What flights are you on that have been cancelled already? We are booked for half term. It think flying out on Sunday 18th. I’m not hopeful (but did some ADRs just in case) but will wait and see what happens and how the land lies when it time to pay the balances.

I wouldn’t bother rebooking at all at the moment and certainly not as soon as October
We were flying out October 15th for 18 nts with United Airlines from Manchester. United Airlines have cancelled nearly all there flights from Manchester. We booked through Expedia and trying to get my money back, all they have offered is a voucher. Going to phone them again tomorrow and insist on a refund. If no joy, it will be the credit card I will be contacting to get it back.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked for oct flying from gatwick, (we live 7 minute walk to the terminal!) but had an email stating virgin will be flying from Heathrow in Oct) I dont see why 7 of us should have to pay extra to get to heathrow though!) Id rather wait til we can safely go from gatwick, maybe virgin should give their customers the option to fly without loosing their deposits at another time when flying feels more safe maybe when a vaccine is available where we can enjoy our long awaited holidays with our families, without feeling so stressed about having to go when you feel things maynot be as safe has it should be x also lots of people wouldn't & may not have been able to save for spending & tickets now due to the current situation, im feeling id now need more time & not surehow safe id feel taking my family in October been sooo looking forward to it too! Like many if us X