Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I had mine at the dr surgery free due to my age, they had a big sign up saying no more over 65 appointments left.
chrisxal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I rang ours yesterday and got 2 x appointments, one for DD and one for DH, he is over 65. DD has to have hers at surgery as school wont do hers, and she doesnt want nasal vac. I was offered one too, but i had mine in work last week. I think they do hold some back for those medically vulnerable
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I had mine yesterday at GP surgery. This year the doctor was telling me there are 4 different types for adults, one for over 65 (plenty of stock) and three for adults under that and the GP choose the best fit form your medical records - they are in incredible short supply in England and certainly think it best to contact your GP . Mine was free but you can get them from your practice for a fee (but only available after all those at risk have had theirs)
I had a long conversation with GPnurse when booking DH/DD appointments, she said too that there are different ones for each age group/need etc. DH doesnt know he booked in yet, i will surprise him on the day! He doesnt mind jabs just says he always feels bad after, i think with all the added pressures of Covid etc we all need as much protection as we can get against other nasties doing the rounds!
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I had a long conversation with GPnurse when booking DH/DD appointments, she said too that there are different ones for each age group/need etc. DH doesnt know he booked in yet, i will surprise him on the day! He doesnt mind jabs just says he always feels bad after, i think with all the added pressures of Covid etc we all need as much protection as we can get against other nasties doing the rounds!
This is the first time ever I felt ill for a while after - she said to expect to have a high temp and muscle aches and I did. I am sure if I had the weak ones from high street shops that wouldn’t have happened but glad I had to dogs doo dah from GP and glad I didnt have plans on Tuesday evening as I would have failed the door temp check at restaurants.

What a lovely surprise for your hubby - tell him he is in for feeling a small prick . . . .
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Not necessarily - the one I had at my GP surgery was 4x the strength of what a high street can use (I am under 64 but needed the higher dose this year for other issues)

Your GP surgery has access to your records and can prescribe The most effective for quite a selection this year

Flu vaccine ingredients

There are several types of injected flu vaccine. None of them contains live viruses so they are called inactivated vaccines.

If you're eligible for the flu vaccine on the NHS, you'll be offered one that's most effective for you, depending on your age:

adults aged 18 to 64 – there are different types, including low-egg and egg-free ones
adults aged 65 and over – the most common one contains an extra ingredient to help your immune system make a stronger response to the vaccine
Sorry I was referring to OP question on the paid ones. I genuinely thought they where all the same pending the different age groups.
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

This is the first year I have ended up feeling really quite poorly for 3 days following mine. Not sure if it was a coincidence I maybe got a bug straight after or the vaccine. I will still have mine each year but boy did I feel poorly afterwards.
Old 15 Oct 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
megtom8
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
This is the first year I have ended up feeling really quite poorly for 3 days following mine. Not sure if it was a coincidence I maybe got a bug straight after or the vaccine. I will still have mine each year but boy did I feel poorly afterwards.
I had mine at Boots and was the same as you. Felt ill for 3 days but completely rubbish for the middle day, spent it on the sofa which is very unlike me. However will not put me off getting it in the future. Dh and DS were fine. Hilary
megtom8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
This was my first flu jab ( I’m 74) . Never had need to see a doctor for around 10 yrs so consider myself fit and healthy apart from a cough at times. Don’t take anything , even paracetamol, but boy this floored me.
Fine throughout the day but had head ache, hot but shivers, and general aches. Lasted a couple of days. Put me off ever getting it again
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

I received a text yesterday with a household appointment for today. It's for the whole family to have a flu jab.

It says if one person in the house was on the shielding list, everyone can have the flu jab.

We're in Scotland so not sure if it's the same everywhere
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
I received a text yesterday with a household appointment for today. It's for the whole family to have a flu jab.

It says if one person in the house was on the shielding list, everyone can have the flu jab.

We're in Scotland so not sure if it's the same everywhere
My lot are all getting it in England too.