Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 May 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Blaze pizza is great and you're welcome to have as many toppings as you like. There were others having a lot more than we did (piling on the neat toppings too). No problem with taking food from another place in to eat either. 3 of us were eating pizza, so it was only our daughter eating something different.

Primavera Kitchen was one of the food booths for the flower and garden festival, so not there all of the time unfortunately. They have booths out for the food and wine festival too, so there are a good few months if the year where you can get these extra options, and they're great fun to try
Thanks, won't be there for either of those, but I have noted other places you have mentioned
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
omg your food trippee has been amazing to read, thank you for sharing x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shipdog
Trying for More Ears

This has been fabulous to read so thank you. Certainly a thumbs up for QS. I'm still veering towards upgrading to TS but going to research prices a bit more first.
Can you remember how many OOP meals you had and approximately how much you spent? A friend had a character meal at Akershus (spelling terrible so apologies!) and said she spent about £300 on 2 adults and 2 kids and the kids barely ate... So I'm thinking if we had 3 or 4 meals like that, that would be the cost of upgrading to table service for the whole week. And then the price of the character meals might not hurt as much as we aren't paying for them (except for tips obviously)

Thanks again for an amazing post on the food- it's been so useful to see what's on offer xxxxxx
Shipdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shipdog View Post
This has been fabulous to read so thank you. Certainly a thumbs up for QS. I'm still veering towards upgrading to TS but going to research prices a bit more first.
Can you remember how many OOP meals you had and approximately how much you spent? A friend had a character meal at Akershus (spelling terrible so apologies!) and said she spent about £300 on 2 adults and 2 kids and the kids barely ate... So I'm thinking if we had 3 or 4 meals like that, that would be the cost of upgrading to table service for the whole week. And then the price of the character meals might not hurt as much as we aren't paying for them (except for tips obviously)

Thanks again for an amazing post on the food- it's been so useful to see what's on offer xxxxxx
i know i'm not the OP but we would have been around $150 (ish) for 2 adults and 2 kids to do a character dining breakfast (tusker house, chef mickeys ; we were however on the DDP with 1TS a day)

hope that helps a little bit. kids were 4 and 6
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Shipdog
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
i know i'm not the OP but we would have been around $150 (ish) for 2 adults and 2 kids to do a character dining breakfast (tusker house, chef mickeys ; we were however on the DDP with 1TS a day)

hope that helps a little bit. kids were 4 and 6
Thank u. That’s really helpful xx
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thafnks again for an amazing post on the food- it's been so useful to see what's on offer xxxxxx
I'll see if I can dig the receipts out for you. However, £300 does sound far too much for a 2 ad and 2 ch at Akershus. I'd expect t it to be more around the $150-$175 mark, which is still a huge amount of money, but you are paying for the princess/character experience more than the food.

There's a dining plan calculator that you might find useful when crunching numbers:
distripplanner

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 07:19 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shipdog
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I'll see if I can dig the receipts out for you. However, £300 does sound far too much for a 2 ad and 2 ch at Akershus. I'd expect t it to be more around the $150-$175 mark, which is still a huge amount of money, but you are paying for the princess/character experience more than the food.

There's a dining plan calculator that you might find useful when crunching numbers:
distripplanner
Thanks very much- the calculator is great if u know Disney restaurants- as I’ve no knowledge of them I will need to do more research- which I will relish! I’m loving this forum- it’s full of so much information and helpful people. Thanks again xxx
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thanks very much- the calculator is great if u know Disney restaurants- as I’ve no knowledge of them I will need to do more research- which I will relish! I’m loving this forum- it’s full of so much information and helpful people. Thanks again xxx
Research is half the fun!

This link has a spreadsheet of all the character meals, where they are and what characters feature that you might find helpful too:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post13378443

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just stumbled across this when looking for tips on QS planning, thank you it was a great read and have write down loads of things I want to try
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Day 14 - travel home day

Sat at MCO with a couple of hours to spare so thought I'd write up the food from this morning.

For breakfast we headed to the food court and used 2QS credits and 2 snack credits as the children weren't really hungry. We got:
Me - Western omelette with no ham and a fruit pot, with a Kind bar.
Andy - Spinach and feta omelette with sausages and a a pain au chocolat.
Izzy and Brodie - Croissant.

My omelette was nice enough, but I really wasn't in the mood for food, so was forcing myself to eat it really. The fruit pot was freshing and easier on my stomach. I think it's end of holiday blues setting in plus a bit of anxiety about our first ever indirect flight. I guessed that Andy would order the spinach and feta omelette again and I was right He thought this was delicious and I'm sure he would have had more if he'd come across them sooner. It wasn't actually showing on the menu board today, so he asked and they were happy to make it for him. They made quite a few, so I'm guessing other people asked too.

We hadn't done any packing, so it was back to the room to pack before a quick bite to eat, cashing out our left over credits then catching the Magical Express at 1.10pm. We used 4 QS credits for lunch and needed to get drinks this time as we'd packed our refillable mugs. We got:
Me - Turkey BLT with a cranberry and raspberry Minute Maid.
Andy - Bacon cheeseburger with fries and a cherry Coke.
Izzy - Plain pasta with grilled chicken a breadstick with a bottle of water.
Brodie - Plain pasta with grilled chicken and a breadstick with a bottle of chocolate Nesquik.

The turkey BLT is really good and probably the best thing I got from the CBR food court. Andy enjoyed his burger and the children were happy with their plain pasta and chicken. And that's it for Disney food

We had 21 snack and 11 QS credits left which gave us 54 snacks. I'll photograph some when I'm home and unpacked, but we got a mixture of treat to take back plus things for our journey home. Our treats included: package of Lays (Walkers), pretzels, Kind bars, M&Ms, Snickers, Twix, boxes of Minnie cookies, boxes of shortbread, bags of chocolate coins and some lovely Mickey head style chocolate coins.

We'll see what Delta offer in the way of food, but the plan is to get a bite to eat at JFK if we have time.

Thanks everyone for reading along and all your lovely comments. I wasn't sure how I'd get on doing the report live, but it's worked really well for me
Quick question as trying to get our heads round the dining plan... with your breakfasts I’ve seen you had an omelette with a chocolate croissant on the side, is that a snack credit for the croissant or is it included in the quick service meal?
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List