Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
iPhone7 - Any Good Please?

My Wife has the iPhone 6 on contract that has now ended. I have the iPhone 5 as I get the hand me downs!
The 5 is playing up a bit so we need to do something.

Now why my Wife has a phone I dont know but we wont go there - she makes about 2 calls a month.

I have a SIM only deal and that is fine for me but I want some opinions on the 7 please. Is it good or should I wait for the 8 like my Son is and in the interim go onto a SIM only contract for her?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

sorry cant help

<<<I AM AN ANDROID>>>

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I am waiting. I have an i phone 6s and was thinking of going to the 7 but when I went into the store they explained there wasn't much difference between the 2 and to wait for the 8 (or X or whatever it will be called) as there will be bigger differences ie wireless charging
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

The IPhone 7 is very much the same as the 6.

I would personally wait for the 8 because there is so much talk of it being a lot different.

release dates are usually around September.

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I would wait and see what the 8 is like first and then if nothing else the 7 will be cheaper 😬
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I would wait for the iPhone 8 ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

I have the 7 plus, I've had all the iPhones. There's a lot of difference from the 5 to the 7, but not too much from the 6 to the 7. I'd wait for the 8 if it was me but rumours are it will be quite expensive.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishlass89
Very Serious Dibber

I have a 7 plus at the moment. I like it and there are a few differences from the 6 but it depends what you use the phone for whether these will be noticeable (Live Photos for example). I would wait until the 8 has been announced as it should only be a few months away. There are also rumours of a 7s being released at the same time since it is a 10 year anniversary this year.

What are the issues with the 5? It may be possible to sort these out on the short term until the new phone is released.
scottishlass89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by scottishlass89 View Post
I have a 7 plus at the moment. I like it and there are a few differences from the 6 but it depends what you use the phone for whether these will be noticeable (Live Photos for example). I would wait until the 8 has been announced as it should only be a few months away. There are also rumours of a 7s being released at the same time since it is a 10 year anniversary this year.

What are the issues with the 5? It may be possible to sort these out on the short term until the new phone is released.
Hi. Battery life is extremely limited now. I can take it from fully charged to zero in a Park in about 5 hours using the WDW App. Now thats not an issue as I also carry my Wifes phone as she wont carry anything.
Also for no reason it can lose all power in a few minutes when not in use but fully charged! Not often but it does happen.

I intend to do something this week as now her contract has ended I am not paying top dollar for a few phone calls!

I pay £9 a month for SIM only, unlimited calls and messages and a bit of data.

My Son haggled with EE and got the same deal as me but with 4GB of data which suits him until the 8 comes out.

Decisions decisions! I suspect I will go down the SIM only route but I am researching like mad!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:22 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishlass89
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. Battery life is extremely limited now. I can take it from fully charged to zero in a Park in about 5 hours using the WDW App. Now thats not an issue as I also carry my Wifes phone as she wont carry anything.

I intend to do something this week as now her contract has ended I am not paying top dollar for a few phone calls!

I pay £9 a month for SIM only, unlimited calls and messages and a bit of data.

My Son haggled with EE and got the same deal as me but with 4GB of data which suits him until the 8 comes out.

Decisions decisions! I suspect I will go down the SIM only route but I am researching like mad!
Ah I had that issue as well. Sometimes resetting the phone to factory settings then redownloading your apps and photos etc from the cloud/computer helps if there is an issue in the software but it probably won't improve massively due to the phones age. Apple will replace the battery but it costs about £87.

I have a sim only contract with three and then got the phone on the refresh scheme with Apple so can replace the phone every year and it's fully covered with AppleCare but I use mine a lot for work.
scottishlass89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List