Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Aug 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Blizzard Beach Early Closure Compensation Offered

We go in October after only booking in June this year before the announcement that BB would close earlier than planned.
I was on the phone to Disney making a small change to our stay and commented to the cast member that we were unhappy that BB was now closing earlier which would leave us one park short and would have a knock on effect to making TL busier.
She very quickly offered us 5 free FPs each. I said I wasnt really interested in the FPs as it would have been nicer to be able to go to BB as we love both water parks more than anything. I asked for my comments to be passed on as its a unfair change and even though it wont change this years closure, maybe the powers above may think more carefully in the future about peoples holidays.
The cast member was very understanding and said she agreed with my comments and asked me to hold. A few minutes later she came back and said she has upgraded our hotel to club level.
I wasnt expecting anything and would prefer to be able to go to BB.
If you feel like a little moan, then it maybe worth giving them a call just for the FPs and hopefully Disney will decide not to close a whole park earlier than planned at the last minute.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Or I suppose they could keep a park that needs to close earlier than planned open instead of doing the correct (but difficult) option of closing it to complete essential unplanned maintenance.

If they thought it was safe to leave open believe me they wouldn't be closing it, instead of getting wound up think about the fact Disney have potentially stopped you getting injured in a park that requires maintainence
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
We go in October after only booking in June this year before the announcement that BB would close earlier than planned.
I was on the phone to Disney making a small change to our stay and commented to the cast member that we were unhappy that BB was now closing earlier which would leave us one park short and would have a knock on effect to making TL busier.
She very quickly offered us 5 free FPs each. I said I wasnt really interested in the FPs as it would have been nicer to be able to go to BB as we love both water parks more than anything. I asked for my comments to be passed on as its a unfair change and even though it wont change this years closure, maybe the powers above may think more carefully in the future about peoples holidays.
The cast member was very understanding and said she agreed with my comments and asked me to hold. A few minutes later she came back and said she has upgraded our hotel to club level.
I wasnt expecting anything and would prefer to be able to go to BB.
If you feel like a little moan, then it maybe worth giving them a call just for the FPs and hopefully Disney will decide not to close a whole park earlier than planned at the last minute.
Did you decline the club level upgrade too

When we were at Disney in October we had no choice but for the water parks to close due to unseasonably cold weather ... brrrrrr
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The thing is, its great they even gave you anything in the first place.
It does state in the terms and conditions that the waters parks do close.

With the opening of Volcano Bay Disney have realized they need to make some changes and upgrades to the park.
That and the fact that these water parks do need to be completely cleaned.
I know its annoying that they've closed it, but wouldn't you be happier knowing it'll be safe and clean next time you go?
I agree the timing was off. They should have told people more in advance tbh.
You've got an upgrade and fastpasses out of it, i'd be happy. Cos they tech dont have to give anything. Thats just Disney Magic

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Or I suppose they could keep a park that needs to close earlier than planned open instead of doing the correct (but difficult) option of closing it to complete essential unplanned maintenance.
They are closing early to install lights so they can have additional paid for evening events. Not exactly urgent essential maintenance.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

And the 3 months each water park is closed each winter is widely known as a cost saving exercise in low season rather than essential cleaning and maintenance

Does Volcano Bay, Aquatica or any other water park close for 3 months to be cleaned?
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

ITs frustrating with so many other things closing so early with that central area of Epcot closing down among other things
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Am I the only one seeing the wrong here. You still didnt get any recourse for bb being closed. Whether it was free fp or an upgrade was the same result in the end. You said you were not interested in free fp as it still impacted on your itinerary. An upgrade doesn't change that fact either but you took it.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I wasnt expecting or wanting anything when i spoke, I just wanted someone to listen and report people arent happy with a park closing for non essential maintenance.

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Am I the only one seeing the wrong here. You still didnt get any recourse for bb being closed. Whether it was free fp or an upgrade was the same result in the end. You said you were not interested in free fp as it still impacted on your itinerary. An upgrade doesn't change that fact either but you took it.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

You could have gone in October and been rained off BB every day had it of been opened, we haven’t managed BB on our last two trips due to weather in september and then it being closed last time we went.

I assume you accepted the free upgrade? Disney were very kind to offer you that, they didn’t need to, I don’t think advising people to ring if they fancy a moan is very good either. They won’t listen to you and think oh we must open it, for a start if you’ve accepted their upgrade then as far as they’re concerned you are happy.

The upgrade costs more than a BB ticket so you did really well out of it.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List