Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Nov 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
4 parks 1 day challenge ideas/tips/stories

Hey everyone!

I love reading about people’s trips where they add in extra challenges like the 4 parks 1 days challenge or the parkeology challenge! We have taken part in 5 parks in 1 day a few times now and would like to here from everyone what they’ve managed to achieve in one day! How many rides or parks they’ve done. Any tips and tricks they’ve used, order they’ve done the parks in or any challenge ideas they’ve come across! I know some people think it’s crazy but I know there must be some crazy people out there 🙈

I have completed the challenge 3 times but looking for ideas to do it again 🙈

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We did the 4 park challenge in August - we did one ride at each park. We parked at EPCOT and took the monorail to Magic Kingdom. We rode haunted mansion and monrailed back to Epcot where we rode Figment. After Epcot we went to Hollywood Studios and did Tower of Terror and finished at Animal Kingdom with It's a bugs life (and it poured down while we where in there). We even went back to the hotel for a couple of hours in the afternoon - youngest son has asd and needs to unwind - he loved it though and blogged about it!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

This is ds (age 9) vlog
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We did the four parks in one day challenge in October - our plan was a photopass photo, at least three rides, and a food item in each park which we achieved with ease. It is documented on page 17 of the Beauty and the Feast report in my signature below.

Edit: this link should take you to the specific page - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...141861&page=17

Edited at 11:53 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We did it this summer. We started at AK. Then Hollywood Studios. Epcot and Magic.

We did at least one ride in each park and got a photopass photo.

We got a certificate under our door the following day.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm hoping to do this next year and use all the different transports!
Hoping to do a ride and have a photo and something to eat/drink in each park - so we'll get the bus to AK, bus to MK, monorail to Epcot, skyliner to HS and boat back to BC.
Haven't told DH yet
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

We've done it a couple of times and having seen Bev's post I'm disappointed we didn't get a certificate too!

First time we did AK - bus - HS - boat - EPCOT - monorail - MK.
We left MK to last primarily for night time entertainment and also greater 4+FP availability.
This was pre-Pandora / Rivers of Light so AK rarely had evening hours.

Second time round last year we did
MK - Monorail - Epcot - Boat - HS - Bus - AK
We managed at least one headliner in each park and were attempting to meet Mickey in each park.

Magic Kingdom was first as it had EMH on that day.

- MK Rope drop 7DMT
- MK BTMR
- MK Dole Whip for breakfast and met a Country Bear
- MK Met Town Sq Mickey
- EP Single Rider Test Track
- EP Met Character Spot Mickey
- EP 3 Caballeros
- EP Lunch Food and Wine
- HS Beauty and Beast
- HS Obligatory visit to Baseline Taphouse
- HS FAIL - nobody could face a 45 min queue to meet Mickey
- AK Dinner Rainforest Cafe (Landry Card Walk up)
- AK Met Mickey and Minnie (FP)
- AK Dinosaur (FP)
- AK Flight of Passage (FP)
- AK Celebratory cocktail from Pongu Pongu

That looks crazy when it's all written down but it was actually relatively relaxed and slow paced with lots of time for photos and sitting back with a drink. It was a low crowd day so that helped with standby queues.
All in all a tiring day but fun, memorable and we'll do it again.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

My husband did 4 parks in October (my son and I went to Discovery Cove - he did not join us as he has a phobia about water deeper than a few inches).

The "rules" were 3 attractions in each park, food in each park, photopass in each park and a selfie on each form of transport (that was the challenge, as my husband does not "do" selfies!)

He did EMH at MK for 7am and managed all 3 mountains, plus SDMT and POC, plus a snack. He took the monorail to Epcot where he used his three fastpasses on Spaceship Earth, Soarin and Mission Space, plus did TT on single rider, then had another snack at Food and Wine. He took the Skyliner to HS where he did RnR as single rider, managed to get a FP for ToT, did Star Tours and then had lunch. Next up was the bus to AK where he got a FP for Dinosaur and did EE twice by single rider, plus had a snack. He was back at the resort by 6pm, so pretty successful.

The only thing he would have liked was to include a boat as a form of transport to complete the set, but as the Skyliner duplicates the boat routes, this would work best for people staying in Skyliner resorts who can get the Skyliner to either HS, boat to Epcot and then monorail to MK.

I think it's a harder challenge of you are in a large group (no single rider lines) or have younger kids. It's also more challenging of you choose to fit in shows or character meets, as these will often taken longer than rides where you can just pick the shortest queues. If you are onsite then using EMH and then booking FP+ for your second park is also a good tip.

We'll probably all tackle it together next time!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d like to do it. But my kids are young and my husband is miserable so maybe in years to come
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
It is an easier day to do than a whole park day in one park.
You have a true focus on what you want to do and set out to achieve this - ignoring the rest of the park.
It is a memorable day and one which you sit down at the end and really get a buzz about all you have managed to fit in.

We added food/snack in each park
A ride and a show
A character meet and autograph
A Pin trade.

We got finished early and did not even stay for fireworks!

Still a day we talk about.

Can read it here

We started in The Studios and finished in Epcot - which goes against most planned 4 park challenges, it worked great for us

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List