Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
robotfamily
Excited about Disney

robotfamily's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Please be nice...

Can I just ask am I the only one who thinks that Halloween at Disney in AUGUST is a bit early, I don't like Halloween at the best of times but as most of you I have paid a lot of money to go to florida and pay for the tickets, I don't then want to pay extra for the mnsshp also does this mean the parks closes early to those who don't go to the party.

Sorry if it seems I am the only one who doesn't want to go, I know everyone says its amazing but it's just not for me.
robotfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

We are visiting for 3 weeks in August and plan to avoid the MNSSHP dates at MK. Not just because it’s too early but also because we have paid up for 21 day tickets and I don’t feel inclined to pay any more.

We will be able to appreciate the street decorations however.

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by robotfamily View Post
Can I just ask am I the only one who thinks that Halloween at Disney in AUGUST is a bit early, I don't like Halloween at the best of times but as most of you I have paid a lot of money to go to florida and pay for the tickets, I don't then want to pay extra for the mnsshp also does this mean the parks closes early to those who don't go to the party.

Sorry if it seems I am the only one who doesn't want to go, I know everyone says its amazing but it's just not for me.
In one word, Yes
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I am not a fan of Halloween at all but I do love MNSSHP as the atmosphere is lovely and unlike any other Halloween things I have ever known.

However I think August is way too early to be offering the party, only a couple of years ago it didn't start until well into September. Now it is happening on far too many nights and it really detracts from the park experience as it takes careful planning to avoid it to make the most of normal day tickets.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did the first night of MNSSHP on 16 August(!) but only because it was my DDs birthday. It was absolutely heaving to the point that I felt unsafe with the crowd levels. Not sure if this was because it was the first night, or whether Disney are being greedy and selling too many tickets. However, we didn't do any Disney park days during the rest of our trip, so this was all they got out of us. We didn't even manage to eat as we had planned, as the restaurants closed at 9pm! And we couldn't get any fast passes for that period between 4-6 PM where they will let you in before the party starts.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

We love mnsshp, yes it is too early, but on the other hand we are tied at the moment to school holidays and we look forward to attending the halloween party every year, if it was just in October we would never be able to attend which would be a shame, but I do see arguments for both sides, its a bit like easter eggs going on sale just after xmas lol lol lol
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I agrees it seems wrong in that heat especially!

However…it's a real treat and great fun for families who might miss out coz they can only go in the August school holidays. Perhaps one day we can do the Christmas parties too in the summer hols…!

It is all fantasy after all…so a bit like watching an Avengers movie and saying it wasn't very believable…as long as it's good, it's good.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It is early but I guess it’s the nature of the beast, and because MNSSHP gets so busy maybe they’ve done it to try and relieve crowds?

I for one am really pleased about it because I will never be able to go in October (not until retirement anyway if I continue as a teacher) so it’s a great opportunity for me to be able to go in August. I see why it’s frustrating to be kicked out of the park though when you’ve only got limited time there
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I think August is too early and it’s a pain that the park closes early for it a couple of evenings a week as if makes the non party evenings busier.

We’ve been once when we went in September and don’t intend to pay the extra again to battle the crowds unless we didn’t already have 14 day Disney tickets (or they reduced the cost of the mnsshp ticket or reduced the number of tickets they sell).

We really enjoyed the parade and fireworks though but the ticket price isn’t worth it just for those.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Its far too early, but Disney do it because they are greedy. If they were trying to relieve crowds they wouldn't ram people in by over selling tickets.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List