Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Apr 10, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

No Longer a Disney Virgin! Day 1

Sat 19th Dec 2009!

Today is the day that we've been counting down to for well over 300 sleeps! For the past week i have been so worried as it had been mega snowing and gatwick airport had been closed yesterday

I slept in! Woke up at 3.30am after setting my alarm wrong! Left the house at 4.30am but had to go via tescos as i had forgotten my eye-liner! dun dun dun! We then went to pick up Ross and headed to the airport with my Dad and his Partner John (They were driving us!).

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/pict...ictureid=22201

We checked in our luggage and was told it was going straight through to Orlando which we were chuffed about as we thought we were going to have to be checking it back in again at Gatwick!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/pict...ictureid=22196

We then sat and had a hot chocoate together before saying our goodbyes! My dad wanted the above photos taken "incase anything happens so iv got a memory"! hahaha!

Our flight left at 7.40 am which was only slightly delayed due to de-icing the plane! We landed safe at Gatwick just after 9am but sadly when we got to the virgin desk we were told our flight was delayed 3 hours so we then went to frankie and benny's for breakfast and had a look around the shops! We found ourselves a seat together however we were to later regreat picking these seats as they were right next to the G-Factor (Gatwick factor!) Singing snow globe! Honestly folk and children of all ages, drunk and sober! Sounding like cats being strangled trying to sing!
It got to 14.15 and still no sign of info so we wondered down stairs and spoke to someone at the desk and we were told to go to gate 13. We soon after boarded the plane!
The flight was very good other than the odd bit of turbulence and slept 8 out of the 9 hours! Ross wasnt impressed! . The flight meals were minging! Although the GU chocolate and raspberry pots were yummy! Wasnt impressed being woken up just for this tho! Later on woke for a choc-ice and then a coronation chicken sandwich which was lovely! Then went back to sleep again! Ross said if we ever came again he would pay for 1st class for himself and leave me in economy as id sleep anyway! Charming! Before landing we purchased me a Links of london sweetie ring and marc jacobs daisy perfume fom duty free thanks to ross's parents giving us a £100 virgin voucher! Ross saw a nice diesel watch but they didnt have it! Hence me getting spoilt! Lauren=very happy!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/pict...ictureid=22206
The flight landed just before 9pm (Florida time! ) And i was so happy to be welcomed with a christmas tree!
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/pict...ictureid=22207
We got to the Radisson celebration Hotel, Kissimmee at around 11pm. When we got to our room ross then realised it didnt have a safe so we went back down stairs to tell staff and we were told they would change us to another room in the morning! On that note we went to bed and were both out like a light!

Dec 2009 - 1st WDW Visit for Christmas and New-Year!
Aug 2011 - Treat Trip To with the Taggart's
Jan 2015 - 1st DLP Trip with the Sis
April 2015 - 3rd WDW Trip WE GOT ENGAGED!

Edited at 10:51 PM.
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 10, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Whyhave my pics not worked x

*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 10, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

A wonderful flight day lucky you prezzies before you even arrive your dad
sorry i cant help with the picture problem.
xx
Old 8 Apr 10, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Glad everything went ok with your flight shame about the 3 hours delay, looking forward to your reports!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 10, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great Start!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 10, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great travel day, looking forward to seeing the photos.
Old 9 Apr 10, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

All your photos look the same

Did you see a lot of samll red x?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 10, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie28 View Post
All your photos look the same

Did you see a lot of samll red x?
Yes I uploaded them onto my dibb page album and then posted in the code for when adding a pic. Il try work it out esp for my next days of reports! x

Old 10 Apr 10, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Good start to your trippie. I think if your not an AP then you will have to use a site like photbucket to host your piccies and link from there. HTH
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 10, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Great travel day
Looking forward to your photos
Thanks for sharing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List