Old 11 Apr 11, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Third Time's A Charm - Day Fourteen - Epcot

Rant alert!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Day Fourteen – 22/09/2009 – Epcot

Today went semi as planned, which was to get to Epcot for opening, do future word, lunch at Le Cellier at 12:45pm, go back to the hotel, pack, transfer pictures to laptop from camera’s. Go to Walmart for extra luggage and then finished off the day with dinner at California grill at 7.15pm

First thing to change was dinner at The California Grill, about a week ago! I was worried about the menu as I am quite happy… and more than willing to eat burgers every day for 2 weeks! We swapped the credits from this to last nights dinner at the Yachtsman.

The rest of the day went pretty much to plan, we got to Epcot at about 8:30, waited for it to open, and rushed straight over to Test Track whilst about 90% of the rest of the crowd went to Soarin’, which neither my mother or I are at all keen on, so we’re quite happy to avoid… this is where everything went wrong! The plan was to get fast passes for Test Track, ride it and then go to the front of the park, Epcot had other ideas! Test Track had gone tech so we just grabbed the fast passes and went back to the front of the park where we rode Spaceship Earth with no line, and messed around in the bit at the end of the ride which I always forget the name of…

We headed back to Test Track to see if it was open, which it still wasn’t! We both needed the toilet so rest roomed, and decided to wait at test track for ten minutes to see if it opened, and if not go somewhere else. Test Track duly opened after two minutes and we were straight through with no pesky show, and on the front row of the second car of the day! On finishing the ride, which is my favourite in Epcot, it was still 15 minutes until our fast pass window opened, so we decided to ride Ellen’s Energy Adventure, but as we were about to line up, that got a bug (a dinosaur?) too!

So we waited around outside Test Track for 5 minutes and went through the fastpass entrance and were given one of those red tag things to see how long the wait is. This was where we both got a little bit annoyed, and where I hope a couple of changes may have been made – we were put in pre-show room 1 which had only just gone through, and is also the room which lets out into the longest line. The bit that really annoyed me was that they were putting ‘single’ riders, with single in apostrophes as there were two people that if they had got any closer to one another whilst kissing would be making some magic of their own!

Sorry, this is something that annoys me everywhere, I don’t mind single rider lines, my mum and I use them together, but there were a lot of groups using it that were moaning when their groups got separated! To add to this annoyance on my part, they were letting the single riders go through into room 3, which empties into the shortest line to the front!

Then after all of that, we ask the cast member who was loading the ride that because of our size, if could we go in as a 2 rather than having a single rider in with us – not had a problem with that before, but no he put a single in with us... Mum went back to speak to him to repeat the request but he was just plain rude to her. I understand that they were busy, and didn’t mind that a single was in with us as he was a skinny little thing, but I felt sorry for him as he had us either side of him so he didn’t get crushed too much… that was on mine and mum’s insistence, because of where he was put he could have of injured in the banking because of our combined weight! Like I said, fair enough that the ride was busy and we didn’t actually have a problem when the ride was going, but it was the CM’s attitude, and had he calmly explained that it was because of that, it wouldn’t have been so bad!

After the ride had finished, and we apologised to the poor guy between us, we spoke to the controller/manager of Test Track and explained what had happened – he said that it wasn’t on the way that the CM who was loading the ride had spoken to us and would speak to him about it.

Like I said, if the guy had have been polite about it, I wouldn’t have minded but the attitude that we received from him was not what you expect from a Disney CM or what my standard of expectations from CM’s are! And to be honest, looking back on it 18 months later, it still annoys me as had the single rider have been the first one into the car he could have been injured, and even though it would have been Disney at fault for their loading policy, mum and I would have had to have coped with the fact that it was because of our size.

I would like to ask that if you are going to comment on this to not have a go about the weight issue, as both mum and I are doing something about it, and it is not what I am making a point about!
Old 11 Apr 11, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

After this we headed over to Honey I shrunk the Audience with a bit of a sour taste in our mouth. I have to explain that when I first went onto HISTA in 1996, I really disliked it, and because I can see 3D from flat images in the manner that they project it in these type of things without stereoscopes, it exaggerates the 3D for me to a level where it is too much for me to cope with. HISTA still completely freaks me out; the phobia of mice and snakes probably doesn’t help matters! I ended up just taking the 3D glasses off as that helps.

Next up was Imagination with Figment, which I am pretty sure was a first for the both of us, it was a nice little ride and a chance for the blood pressure to drop after the attitude-y CM and a snake leaping out of the screen during HISTA!

Epcot had another bug when we popped back to the UK to try and buy some Cadburys on dining plan snack credits… it wouldn’t! The CM said it should let us, so we left sans chocolate, but found out when we got back to the hotel that the credits had been removed, but one call got them put back once we showed guest relations the cancelled receipts!

After all of that, a run down to Canada was required in order to make our lunch ADR at Le Cellier which was A-MAYZING. I had a chicken burger, and mum has the filet mignon and mushroom risotto. No pictures of the entrees, sorry!

Dessert, both of which were delicious, was chocolate ‘moose’ for me; which was mousse rolled in chocolate cake crumbles in the shape of a moose with wafer ears ad coloured wafer tongue – yum.

Mum had apple tart and vanilla bean ice cream.

We did ride Ellen’s Energy Adventure at some point on this day, but I don’t remember when!

We went back to the hotel where I left the queen of packing to get on with things as she moans at me for doing it wrong if I try to help and went down to the arcade for half an hour before I got bored and came back and got under her feet, so got sent to the corner of the room to sort out putting the pictures from the camera onto the laptop!

After that, we went to Super Target on the 192 to see if they had any bags as that was the closest to us, they did, so we got those and some last minute goodies to bring home with us, including the yummy cookies which I found that I loved at the DVC centre the previous day!
Old 13 Apr 11, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
shame so many things at epcot had bugs but glad you had a nice meal
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List