Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 11, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Third Time's A Charm - Final Thoughts

I can't find my original post of our highs and lows, so here they are:

Ok so we got back on Thursday so am being lazy... and there is a trip report to come, but I go back to uni on Monday so I have no idea when that will go up!

Highs
  • Walk ons for everything other than Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Virgin Flights on time
  • Helpful Virgin Staff
  • Disney Dining Plan (once we got used to it)
  • Buying into DVC (BLT)
  • Meeting Floridaju&bob in the V-Room on the way
  • Backstage Magic Tour
  • Trainer for a Day at Discovery Cove - our trainer Jax was lovely and she even put up with my multiple phobia's (birds, sharks, rays...) all of which we had interactions with!
  • Our waiter at Boma called CJ he was very nice to look at

Lows
  • AKL just wasn't as good this time... too far away from everything, the animals seemed to never really be on the Savannah and staff weren't too helpful
  • Attitudes of some fellow Englishfolk around the parks e.g. one bloke at Seaworld (wearing a dayglo green/yellow Chelsea shirt) who we had the displeasure of sitting near at lunch who when his wife came back with a slice of cake moaned at her cause she'd put on more weight. He also put the world to rights on refillable drinks (apparentlyit doesn't pay to do it because of the ice )
  • Bruce on the Backstage Magic Tour - probably a lovely bloke but he kept pushing in front of people to be with the CM's doing the tour and interrupting people who were asking questions to ask his own... after 7.5 hours of that everyone else on the tour felt like strangling him!
  • Really rude CM on Test Track at Epcot (read more about it on trip report)
  • Flight to Orlando seemed to drag like anything! (even the steward said so!)
  • How long it took for the baggage reclaim belt to get going at Gatwick after we landed
Well, as you can see from my countdown, we’re going back… that was a given before we even went this time!

We’ve had a lot going on between when we came home and now, some days it feels as if we were walking around in gorgeous sunshine yesterday and other days it feels more like 18 years ago than 18 months ago.

Our Highs more than balanced out our Lows, it just happened that most of the lows were in the final few days of the trip and that put a little dampener on things whilst we were there.

I liked the way this trip ended up with things being a little crazy in the first week and then easier on the feet and on the mind in the final week, it just ended up that way by accident last time, but for future holidays we are aiming to do it again, so it does feel a bit more like a holiday and a bit less like an army training session!

I’d like to thank you all for reading this, and would like to introduce you to my pre-trip for our next holiday, the link for which is in my signature, though the countdown is going to be going up soon to allow mum to get over her cancer a bit better before we go back to Florida. I aim to update the pre-trip once a month until we get a bit closer to the time, and will then update it more frequently!

Again, thank you for listening to my ramblings, and sorry for the fact that it took 18 months for me to do it; that said, in that time I have completed a BSc with Honours in Forensic Science and Investigative Analysis, and am about three quarters of the way through a taught master’s degree with a background of Forensic Archaeology and Forensic Anthropology so the delays have been with good reason!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Will look forward to your next trip... so did you get a photo of CJ or better still phone number?
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

:P I did try to get his picture but he kept looking over at me when I was going to take it!

I can remember that he was at FSU doing something to do with Chemistry so he was even better for me because he is a fellow labcoat wearer!
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Loved reading your trippie - has given me lots of ideas, I'm still undecided on the big park tour this trip as I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fit it in with the F&W festivities, but I'm definitely going to do it one day
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

Enjoyed your report and well done with your studies!
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Clare

I do think it is worth doing, we both enjoyed it, but it is a long day so I think if you're planning a lot of time in Epcot for F&W it might be better to wait for next time

Would be interested if you do do it though as the Animal Kingdom bit is new since we did it in 2009... was annoyed as they added it about a month after we did ours!
Old 11 Apr 11, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
byeo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
:P I did try to get his picture but he kept looking over at me when I was going to take it!

I can remember that he was at FSU doing something to do with Chemistry so he was even better for me because he is a fellow labcoat wearer!
Ask for a picture with the CM, i did this at the CP after we had the great Vinny from New Jersey.
07' Disney's All-Star Music Resort
10' Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
byeo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

THanks for sharing your report have really enjoyed reading it and will look forward to the next one.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
You have been busy with your studies, enjoy your planning for next trip.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 11, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
cant wait to read about your next trip
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List