Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jan 15, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Oct 2014 - We're off to see the wizard...Day 2...Chef Mickey's and Magic Kingdom

We're off to see the Wizard - Pre Trip Report

We're off to see the Wizard - Day 0

We're off to see the Wizard - Day 1

It was Sunday 5th October, and I was awake at 3.30am! I left Tom in bed and had a good nosey around the villa. I made a brew and sat outside catching up on notes for a while. Samantha was up soon after, and we had a chat about how we were finally here. Samantha checked out the temperature of the pool, it felt a bit cold but we thought it was just down to it being so early in the morning. Aaron was next up and we had crisps and Dr Pepper before waking Tom up and getting ready to leave.

We eventually left the villa at 6.30am. It seemed to take forever to get ready and find everything, making sure we had all of the paperwork etc. The roads were quiet though, and we made good time arriving at The Contemporary, just in time for our ADR with Mickey

We walked through the hotel to find Chef Mickeys, we were greeted right away and had a photo taken. Our server then came and found us and took us to our table. She explained how everything worked, and took our drinks order, coffee all around and OJ for Aaron.

We headed up to the buffet, and got all of the usual healthy American breakfast items, pancakes, bacon, waffles, syrup and ice cream.

All of the characters were great, we got photo's with all of them Aaron started his autograph book off too. We ended up having two plates of food each, more coffee and coke, before paying our bill - $130 plus tip.

We used the resort monorail to head over to the happiest place on earth - Magic Kingdom.

We nipped over to the ticket place to change our paper vouchers for real tickets. This was the only cast member of the entire holiday who didn't give 100%, he was grumpy. We took lots of photo's and waited for the opening ceremony, it was cheesy and magical all at once, and just what I was hoping for.

When the park opened, there was what was obviously a mad rush to get to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Instead we had some photo's taken with the photopass photographers that were based around Main Street. We went into The Emporium to buy our magic bands and got those sorted out ($54), it took a bit longer than we thought it would but Samantha and Aaron occupied themselves by having a dance. The CM here also gave us 1st visit badges which were a lovely touch. CM's commented every time they noticed them.

We walked down Main Street heading toward Adventure Land. We stopped at the castle for a while to take it all in.

We did our first ride of the holiday - Aladdin's Magic Carpets. As we got off the ride, Aladdin and Jasmin were at the gate to let us out which was a nice touch, then they got on the ride themselves.

We all needed some cold drinks by this point, ideally slush so by the time we had actually found somewhere that sold them we were really hot. Aaron got a slush with ice cream on the top of it, Sam and I shared a Minute Maid lemonade mmmmm . We walked through to Pirates of the Caribbean which was a walk on. Samantha and Aaron loved this ride. It was now time for our first Fastpass which was Splash Mountain at 11.30am. We all loved it and didn't get too wet either so we were happy!

We came out and spotted the Buzz and Woody meet and greet, we thought Aaron would be desperate to meet them, but how wrong we were! He wasn't interested at all!

It was getting really hot now, and we were having our first real taste of the Florida heat We decided to get in the standby queue for Big Thunder Mountain. It said it was a 30 minute wait. I was given one of the red queue time cards at the entrance and it ended up taking more like 40 minutes. We all enjoyed it but I prefer the Paris version.

As soon as we got off Aaron started to complain that his shoes were rubbing, so we went to try and find some plasters as I never packed any in my bumbag for the day He ended up being easily distracted with a drink, so we headed back to BTM for our 12.30 FP. It took about 5 minutes before we were on. After the ride, we decided we were hungry again - we opted for Pecos Bill. We had two taco salads, a chilli cheese fries and a turkey sandwich meal for Aaron. We loved all of the food, and the toppings bar was fantastic (We really loved the frozen strawberry lemonade here - yummy!) Aaron didn't like his food because the turkey was smoked so heleft after just eating apples and grapes and picking at his bread.

We ended up changing our last FP from Peter Pan to Buzz because Aaron was desperate to ride it today. We walked through fantasy land saying how pretty it was We decided to watch Phillarmagic, and we absolutely loved it - it was so clever and we loved the 3D We browsed in a few shops on the way down to find Buzz. Aaron had money burning a hole in his pocket, he eventually settled on two pins. We stopped for a restroom break and got some more lemonades. Buzz was ace. We all had a good time, Tom obviously won :angry: but my gun must have been faulty!

Then we had our first Mickey Premium ice creams and ice cream sandwich's. We walked back to the town hall to check that Memory Maker was working properly because it didn't look right on my phone - it was fine. We decided to call it a day at this point, we had a great first day but we didn't want to over do it and were desperate to get into the pool

We got the resort monorail back to The Contemporary and then back into a very hot car! Within 30 minutes we were all in the pool. To our surprise it was freezing even though we had paid for pool heating Tom rang the management company but there was no one available because it was a Sunday. Tom and Aaron got in a played for an hour anyway, Aaron was oblivious to the cold! Samantha and I ate crisps and drank cans of mountain dew and bud light whilst I caught up on my notes (Sam napped). Aaron had mint oreos, cheese strings and Doctor Pepper - can you tell he's on holiday

We all had showers, and cracked out the new bottles of Soap and Glory and our new perfumes from the airport. We decided on Bahama Breeze for tea, it was about 6.30pm by time we headed out. We "nipped" into Super Target to pick up a pin trader pack for Aaron. He had decided earlier in the day that he would collect them but definitely not trade them! We got a lanyard and two pins for $12 which was a bargain compared to the Two pins he bought earlier in the day at Disney which came to $19. We got some other bits too, some toys for the pool and sun glasses for Tom.

Off we went to Bahama Breeze, our closest one was the one on the 192. Our server was lovely, we all had soft drinks tonight as we were so tired. We ordered coconut shrimp and a lobster + prawns quesadilla for starters. To be honest we were pretty full and our mains hadn't arrived yet but we were too excited to start trying out all of the food that I'd been reading about! Tom had a lobster and prawns pasta which was massive. Samantha had Calypso prawn linguine (she ordered the light portion and it was still too much!) I had butter milk fried chicken and garlic mash - fit Aaron ordered chicken and broccoli, he ate the broccoli heads before promptly falling asleep on my lap! We ordered Rebecca's Keylime Pie to go as we knew we couldn't miss it, and we didn't know if we would get the chance to come back again. We paid the bill and went straight home to bed

**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 15, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, we love Bahama breeze x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 15, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Great day. You managed lots. Shame a but the pool being so cold. Poor Aaron, bless him.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great first day
Old 6 Mar 15, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
A lovely day. Thanks for sharing.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Thank you for the comments, it makes it worth all of the writing
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Busy 1st day for sure , shame about the pool heating but kids dont seem to notice the cold as much as adults

Thanks for posting
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Bless him falling asleep!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Awww Aaron is so cute! Great piccies
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww what a fab first day!

Bless Aaron falling asleep at tea! Hehe! How good is Bahama Breeze?! YUM!
xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List