Helping Minnie

We're off to see the wizard - Day 5 - Animal Kingdom, Car Woes and Longhorns

We're off to see the wizard - Pre trip report

We're off to see the wizard - Day 0

We're off to see the wizard - Day 1

We're off to seethe wizard - Day 2

We're off to see the wizard - Day 3

We're off to see the wizard - Day 4

I was up at 6am again today Aaron joined me at half six and we had cookies and drinks whilst we waited for Samantha and Tom to wake up (7am). Even though we were up early we still ended up rushing around trying to get ready. We had an 8.25am ADR booked for Donald’s Tusker House and I was really looking forward to this one.

We were in the car and leaving by 7.45am, we took the Sherberth Road shortcut today but somehow ended up at the service gates The cast member turned us around and directed us to the main gates. We parked up in Unicorn which was really close to the entrance, just a 2 minute walk.

We eventually found the cast member in charge of ADR’s, who let us in and pointed us in the right direction. It was a brisk walk up to Tusker House as we were now running a bit late for breakfast.

We had photos taken outside and Tom made friends with a CM who loved his bag

We were taken inside by a lovely CM and shown to our table. The cast member explained how everything worked and said we had enough time to go up to the buffet before the first character came around. We had jungle juice, coffee and tea for drinks.

We headed up to the buffet and got plates of freshly carved ham, sausage patties, bacon, bagels and red potatoes - all delicious

The characters visited us throughout our meal, we had great interaction as always – it really is the easiest and most relaxing way to meet characters.

Aaron also joined in with little parade through the restaurant which was nice. We went up for seconds before paying up - $142 with tip.

We decided to head to the first showing of The Lion King. The theatre wasn't too full at this time. We were in the giraffe section and soon learnt our noises

Aaron chose to get up with some of the children to teach the groups a dance.

What can I say about this show that hasn’t been said before? It was amazing.

Once we were finished it was time for our Kilimanjaro Safari FP. Something wasn't working quite right with the fast queue, for some reason it was longer the queue. CM's eventually got it sorted, and we were on in no time. We loved it! The driver was funny and really knew what he was talking about which made it more enjoyable. I imagine that the driver you get on the day plays a big part in how much you enjoy your safari. His voice really reminded us of someone but we couldn’t put our finger on it!

We started walking toward Kali River Rapids and stopped to queue up for a meet and great with Baloo and King Louie. Tom and Aaron queued up while we sat on the nearby benches. We had frozen lemo’s and sprites and people watched.

Before we moved on, we had a shuffle around of our shoes because they were all hurting and rubbing us in different places. Once that was sorted we wandered further around and watched the monkeys play.

We nipped in the loos where Aaron promptly found a water fountain and got absolutely soaked.

At this point Aaron fancied ice creams so we left Sam and Tom looking at the monkeys whilst we found somewhere that sold them. We got chocolate and vanilla ice cream swirls and Fanta.

Once we'd had these we used our FP for Kali River Rapids. The standby queue was as short as the FP queue, it got us in exactly the same time, it was a bit of a waste of a FP really. Samantha and I got absolutely soaked! I don’t see why people queue up for this ride at all – it was so short. I thought when we were going up the hill that it was just the beginning of the ride, not the end! I wouldn’t waste any time on this one again, the rapids at Alton Towers are better!

We walked down to Everest, the standby queue was only 15 mins so we decided to join it. We all loved this ride!

When we got off it, it was time for our FP so we headed straight back to the queue. We loved it even more the second time around and got a good ride photo too.

We were all still a bit wet from the rapids and had really sore feet so we decided to call it a day. On the way to the exit we stopped for milkshakes. The service was so slow it took forever to get served. Luckily, it was worth it Aaron got a coke float and we all got strawberry milkshakes.

We had some magic shots taken on the way out with stitch. We headed back to the car and had a snooze on the way home.

When we got back to the villa we all relaxed by the pool and sunbathed.

During the afternoon Tom rang the car company because the oil light had came on earlier in the day and we wanted to check that we should fill it up.

They suggested that we find a local garage and take the car there to have the oil topped up, to which they would reimburse us. The other option was to drive back to the airport to swap the car. Tom “suggested” that they send someone to the villa to replace the car. They did eventually agree to this however they said it would be any time through the evening – which would mean we would need to stay in and waste an evening.

I was absolutely fuming and thought their service was shocking. We eventually came to the conclusion that it would be best just to make the drive to the airport and get a new car, at least then we would be doing it in our own time (This was all so frustrating as we are quite capable of putting oil into a car ourselves but we were told we couldn’t do this).

To cut a long story short we made the drive to the airport, argued with the manager who then didn't believe that we had been told to come back. He eventually admitted that the oil levels hadn't been checked on that car and was not happy. They didn’t have any cars left in our category so we took a slightly upgraded car – we signed the paperwork and got out of there. What a waste of our valuable holiday time!

We were all starving by this point as we hadn’t really eaten since our breakfast so we headed to Longhorns. Tom and I love stake and this was a Dibb recommended trip We were told we had about a 20 minute wait but in reality it wasn't that long. By the time we got a drink from the bar our table was ready. We ordered Pina Colada’s and the bar maid made Aaron a virgin one too which was very nice of her.

The waiter was great – he told us what he orders when he eats there himself. Tom asked him about the different steaks on the menu which he was more than happy to help with. We eventually ordered, he brought some bread and salads for us while we waited.

The food came and it was all delicious. Aaron had ribs and broccoli, Sam had prawn skewers and rice, Tom and I both went for rare ribeye steaks – they were really good quality and we really enjoyed it

Sam and I ordered some ore drinks I had a MASSIVE sangria and Sam had wine.

I didn't note the price as I was so tired but i think it was in the $100 region. We went straight back to the villa and crashed.

Edited at 08:02 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Dinner looks soooo yummy.

You have a lot of fantastic photos of Aaron, he's a very photogenic child! Can't believe how brave he is on the coasters.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Glad you ended up getting a car upgrade. It's so wrong that you have to fight to get these things though.
Aaron is so hardcore on rides, isn't he?! He seems like a right thrillseeker.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day you can't beat Longhorn

Joan
Old 15 Mar 15, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Dinner looks soooo yummy.

You have a lot of fantastic photos of Aaron, he's a very photogenic child! Can't believe how brave he is on the coasters.
Thank you for this, we are very lucky, he can just smile and it's like he's had professional photos taken haha
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Glad you ended up getting a car upgrade. It's so wrong that you have to fight to get these things though.
Aaron is so hardcore on rides, isn't he?! He seems like a right thrillseeker.
He really is! He was gutted about the universal ones that he wasn't big enough for! He would of happily gone on the hulk and RRR! Crazy child lol
Old 11 Apr 15, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

How annoying about the car! Completely agree with you about Kali
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hahahaha! We did the EXACT same thing with the service gates 2 years ago! How funny!

Tusker House is fab isn’t it? Aaron looks so cute

OMG what a carry on with the car! So annoying when your precious holiday time is taken up with silly things like that!

Longhorns is good huh?

xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List