Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Mar 15, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 9 - Hollywood and Vine, and Blizzard Beach

Here is the link to my pre-trip report and previous days.

Index - Pre-trip report and previous days

My alarm went off at 6.45am this morning. This wasn't the most welcome thing after our late night.

Tom and I got up and made brews and had apple juice. Samantha and Aaron followed at about 7.05. Quick rush to get ready and we were out by 7.20! A Disney miracle!

We headed up to Hollywood Studios, parked up and walked over to the entrance. We got in the ADR queue and waited it out. It took about 10 minutes to get into the park then we went straight up to Hollywood and Vine.

We were checked in and waited for about 25 minutes outside before we were seated.

The restaurant was full by this point and our waitress came to get our drinks order. Tea and coffee and chocolate milk.

The characters were really good with Aaron and he met some of his favourite's. Princess Sophia and Jake are some of his must meet characters which is why we booked this breakfast. Tom and Aaron enjoyed their food and the atmosphere but Samantha and I didn’t think much of it to be honest! The food wasn’t anything special, there wasn’t much choice and the server wasn’t attentive. I thought it might have just been because I was desperate for another drink and couldn't get her attention but when we paid the bill she didn’t even make eye contact with us and it felt like she just wanted us to go.

Once we had finished we headed to The Little Mermaid show, whilst we waited for the show the CM came and chatted to us, and asked Aaron his name. It was the first show of the day and before he opened the door he got Aaron to introduce himself on the microphone and tell everyone where he was from.

We all really enjoyed this show, it was very well done and very Disney. By this point we were all really hot and were glad for the air con in there! To be honest, we were all quite tired and could have done with a day out of the parks.

We went to our first FP which today was for Star Tours – we loved it just as much this time.

We decided that we’d had enough for today and headed over to Blizzard Beach for a swim and chill.

We got minute maid frozen lemonades on the way out of the park to keep us going.

We arrived at BB by 10.45, the CM at the entrance was not very ‘Disney’, I can’t remember why now but I think he was just being miserable and grumpy (we were a bit grumpy ourselves so maybe this made it seem worse)

We got beds near the kids Ski Patrol area. Sam and I went straight for the lazy river (obviously) we felt a bit cooler now and relaxed. We went on one slide which was just far too much exertion for us so we headed to the wave pool.

We had such a laugh here. Sam fell in twice trying to get into a rubber ring. The waves kept pushing her over, and she was constantly out back in to the shallow end. I cried laughing and floated into the waves and left her to struggle! I'm such a good sister. We went back to the seats and found tom and Aaron there. They had had a great time exploring and playing.

Tom and Sam had a sleep whilst Aaron and I went in the wave pool, we had a great time. This time it was me who couldn't get in the ring! We played and swam for ages.

We went back to find that Tom had decided to go on the big boy slides – we were all too scared! So we decided to go and get some lunch. All of the portions were really big and considering it was park food it was yummy. I can’t remember exactly what we had, I think Sam and I got Chicken tenders and chips and Aaron got a pizza.

After lunch Tom and Aaron went off for some more slide action so Sam and I decided it would be best to have a sneaky sleep. I think that this was the only sleep that I had throughout the whole holiday, apart from bed time. When Tom came back he woke us up and we decided that it was time to head back to the villa, it was about 3.30 now. I must have been tired because I had another sleep in the car back to the villa!

When we got back we all showered and got changed and headed out to Walmart. We got some more cold drinks, water, pop and beers.

After this we went to Manny’s Chop House for tea. We were really close so it made sense. We had lots of yummy 2 for 1 happy hour drinks. Wine for Samantha and cocktails and beers for me. Aaron and tom stuck to Dr pepper. We had delicious food! Again! The waiter was really good tonight and chatted about football and Liverpool with Tom.

We had salad to share for starters, Sam and I shared coconut shrimp, BBQ wings, and chicken quesadilla’s off the starters menu for our mains. Aaron had a pizza, and Tom had steak and jacket potato. We shared key lime pie for desert too I must have been extra lazy (maybe drunk) I never wrote how much the meal was tonight, I'm pretty sure that it was cheap as chips again though.

On the way home we went to get some money out from what we thought was a normal ATM. It was a drive through! We were amazed. It was so funny and Samantha and I were drunk which made it even funnier. I really don't know what was funny about it but it really tickled us!

We nipped to Super Target to get some pins for Aaron. We ended up picking some other bits up too, a couple of drinks for back at the villa too.

We got back to the villa and got our kits ready for Discovery Cove in the morning. Aaron and Tom had a boy’s night playing pool and eating ice cream. We had a girl’s night watching tv and had some drinks and chocolates.

Early night all round though to try and catch up on our sleep.

Edited at 03:18 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Love this report! Cant wait to read more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You packed a lot in today

Joan
Old 16 Mar 15, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Thanks for the comments Reading back now it seems obvious that we were doing too much!
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
A flying visit to HS!
Seems like the busyness of the holiday was catching up with you.
Glad you finally managed to get an ATM to work!

Thanks for posting.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That's funny because I've planned just a few hours at HS then a waterpark
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

The tiredness can really hit you sometimes! It's such a flat out holiday! Worth it though

Sounds like you all had fun at BB!

Fab read again xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List