Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Nov 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 1

We were up at about 4am today, I did attempt to go back to sleep but admitted defeat at 4:45. The plan was to go to Universal Studios today, as we wanted the buy now scream later tickets.

We left the villa at 7:00am and headed down the 192 to stop somewhere for breakfast.

Sizzler - Breakfast Buffet $6.99 + coffee $9.00

We decided to eat in Sizzler as a novelty/ traditional factor for my nephew, he had never been to an American breakfast buffet and we always used to eat in Sizzler when I was a kid.

I only took one photo, I chose pancakes with a fruit topping and some maple syrup, Kevin chose the same as me.

I don’t know if my memory was clouded, or if the standard has really dropped that much since we used to come hence why there is only 1 Sizzler left in Orlando, but I personally wouldn’t choose to eat here again. I remember there used to be a much wider variety of things available to choose from, at one point there used to be on omelette station. The food wasn’t bad, but I do think there are a much better selection of breakfast places available for not much difference in price.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 04:12 PM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 1

WWOHP – Butterbeer $12 (souvenir glass price)

Once we had ridden Escape from Gringotts we decided to try butterbeer, on a previous visit I had tried the regular version and I wasn’t overly keen on it, so this time I wanted to try the frozen one:

OMG, it was so much better than the regular butterbeer, originally me and Kevin said we would share one, but he was hogging the drink and not sharing it as quickly as I wanted him too .

So I had to go and buy one for myself…

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 1

Lard Lad Donuts – The Big Pink $4.99

We wondered round to World Expo and had a look in The Simpson shops, I don’t really like the ride it gives me bad motion sickness and I didn’t want to spoil the rest of the day. After reading many trip/ food reports on The Dibb I had been desperate to try the “Big Pink” and we got one to share:

This was soo yummy, as other Dibbers had said, they expected the doughnut to be dry but this was not the case it was moist and really tasty. We said we would split some between us and save some for the rest of the group when we met back up with them. Let’s just say, the doughnut didn’t quite make it….

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 15 Nov 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 1

Monsters Café – Pizza $7.79

Photos from the evening are a bit scarce as we were at HHN. We decided to eat at Monsters Café, I had a few cheeky drinks wondering around the park getting in to the spirit of the night so I wasn’t too bothered about food. We shared a slice of pizza and French fries, if I remember correctly the fries were an extra $2.99ish. I also persuaded Kevin to buy me a cookie, unfortunately in my alcohol mind I didn’t give myself a chance to take a picture of the cookie.

The food in here was pretty decent and hit the spot, enough to keep me going for the night ahead.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 15 Nov 16, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 2

Breakfast was a bagel at the Villa, we had reservations at BOG for lunch and we were planning to grab a snack round the park at some point so we didn’t want a big heavy breakfast.

Aloha Isla – Dole Whip Float $5.29

We got a pineapple dole whip float to share; Kevin had never tried one before so we decided to share in case he wasn’t a fan.

My mum always used to have one of these when I was younger, and I always said no because I hated coke floats and I imagined it to taste similar to one of those. I was so wrong, the first time I tried one of these I fell in love, they are so tasty and I find them quite refreshing to have especially if it is a hot day.

Orlando 16 - Food Report

Edited at 05:15 PM.
Old 15 Nov 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 2

Be Our Guest – Carved Turkey Sandwich $15.99
“Carved Turkey Sandwich served warm on a Baguette with Dijon Mayonnaise and Pommes Frites.”

This was a first for us, we had never eaten in BOG before and it was something I was most looking forward to as I’m a massive Beauty and The Beast fan. We both chose the same entrée and I also opted for a dessert:

I really enjoyed my sandwich, the turkey was so good. I was however a little disappointed with the overall experience, IMO it was overpriced but that was to be expected as it is a Disney restaurant. But I still think BOG is a little over rated, the cast members we dealt with were rude and there were literally no clean tables. I had to ask 4 different waiters and wait for over 10 minutes until someone actually came along and cleared the table and when she did she was extremely rude and moody. She dropped a pot of ketchup on floor but it landed on my nephews shoe and it left a patch of stain on the black fabric, we were more annoyed that she didn’t even apologise when she did this so we are dealing with Disney to complain about this and her poor attitude.

I know that the quick service and table service options at BOG are two completely different experiences, so I don’t think I would let this put me off trying an evening meal.

The Masters Cupcake - $4.99
“Chocolate Sponge Cake topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff””

I was more excited to try this than I was my sandwich and I couldn’t help but hum the line in my head for most of the day “try the grey stuff it’s delicious”…

I loved this, I'm not normally a fan of cupcakes as I find they have too much frosting/ icing. But this icing was so yummy and had a real Oreo taste.

Orlando 16 - Food Report

Edited at 10:44 AM.
Old 15 Nov 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great pics..I have a few lunches booked at BOG just for lunch tho as we did not like dinner there.!
Old 16 Nov 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Following yummy !,
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Great pics..I have a few lunches booked at BOG just for lunch tho as we did not like dinner there.!
The turkey sandwich was really good and I couldn't fault that. I was just a bit under-whelmed by the whole experience, hopefully it may be better for you.

Was it the food you didn't like at dinner time?

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 16 Nov 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 2

Walmart Haul

On the way back to the villa we stopped in Walmart to grab a few essentials and American treats.

I am a massive peanut butter fan; if it has chocolate or peanut butter on it you can guarantee I’ve tried it. My mum saw these for me, if I only I had room in my suitcase….

We got back to the villa and had a couple of hours to chill before heading out for the evening, these are the things I picked up in Walmart:

The ice cream is called Arctic Zero, depending which flavour you buy the calories content for the whole tub varies from 150-300, I have seen it appear on my Instagram quite a lot so I was eager to buy this.

Me and Kevin both tried a spoonful and for the rest of the holiday it happily stayed in the freezer (un touched may I add). It really wasn’t very nice, it tasted like watery, peanut flavoured ice…

I also bought the ingredients to make smores. When I was living in Australia, I was living with a Canadian girl and her dad sent her over some giant American marshmallows and graham crackers, so we used to make smores on the camp fire and I tried recreating them in England and they were not the same.

The ones I made in Florida were SO good, marshmallowey chocolaty yumminess. I am not a massive fan of American chocolate however, I do really like Dove. I think it’s supposed to be the American version of Galaxy, I still prefer Galaxy but Dove is definitely the next best option.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, the marshmallow started oozing out on to my hand and I was in a rush to eat it .

Orlando 16 - Food Report