Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 10 Oct 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

If you are careful about how you plan you FP's you can easliy do rides with little time between them. We always made sure to get a DAS for a ride before using our FP on another ride which generally ment that after a toilet break or drink it was time to use the DAS. Also do check the wait times on the app as its no use getting a DAS for a ride which has a 3 hour wait when you maybe able to get other ride you want for a lot less. We tended to save the longer one for later in the day and would get the DAS leave for dinner and then use it on the evening, so the actual wait time was whilst we were eating.
As others have mentioned you can have FP and DAS even for the same ride if you want.

At Universal they give you card and if the queue is 30 mins or less you enter the express line otherwise they write on a time to return which at most will be the current queue time, but on many occasion was less.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
You are given a return time but you can return at any time after that up until park closing.

So for example:
Flight of Passage
Standby time is 3 hrs
You ask for a DAS at 9am
You are given a return time of 12 noon.
You can use your DAS for FoP up until 8pm (park closing)
You can go about your day in the park using FP, etc.
However you can't get another DAS for another ride until you use your FoP one, or cancel it by applulying for a different one, on say Everest.

This is how it worked for us.
Imagine it as vertical queuing. We took the opportunity to get drinks, snacks, chill, etc.

Hope that makes sense.
So that's kind of the bit I dont understand, if using your example, I get the DAS with a return time of 12, and I get there and the queue time is still 3hrs, is that the amount of time we would be queuing for - 3hrs if we used it then?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
So that's kind of the bit I dont understand, if using your example, I get the DAS with a return time of 12, and I get there and the queue time is still 3hrs, is that the amount of time we would be queuing for - 3hrs if we used it then?
No you wouldn’t, you enter the fastpass entrance instead of the main entrance which means you will still have queuing but is usually around 10 mins (if not straight on) in the fastpass queue.

This is also why another member said to utilise fastpasses! They are fantastic and you already then have 3 rides you can go straight on.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
No, you would then join the FP queue at your return time (or later). We never stood in FP line for more than 20 mins on any ride.

If I haven't ecplained it well/made it clear, feel free to ask more questions. I was worried prior to our first trip but it is actually super easy and CM will help you xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahhh ok, thank you! I'm sure I asked a while ago and was told that you dont join the fp queue, so that's why I was struggling to understand how it would help us!
Thank you for your time and patience!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I think maybe people got a little confused about what you were asking in your original post.
When you get a das for a specific ride you are allocated a return time based on the current wait so if its 12pm and standby is 90 mins your return time starts at 1.30pm. When you slot opens you go to the fastpass line where you will queue with the other fastpass holders queues usually move fairly quickly but there can be longer waits at times.
Your return time is the earliest you can enter the queue but as far as I know(hopefully someone else knows for sure)you can return anytime after that rather than just being an 1hr long slot like fast pass.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me - again! My brain is a bit frazzled at the moment🙈🤣 this is our 5th trip to florida and I've never planned this much, but then it's our first trip with our youngest and it's a bit harder to wing it with her!
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

My youngest is autistic too. He was 5 when we went last October. The reports in my signature and I explain a little in there on how we used the DAS pass. Hope that helps?

First day we didn't use it for Enchanted Tales with Belle as it said 15 minutes ... well it was 30 minutes ... we had a meltdown with my little one in queue and I was just about to leave when we were let in. I made sure for the rest of the time that we used the DAS pass as I didn't want to risk it again xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List