Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Nov 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

In order to buy the dining plan through the UK you have to book accommodation and tickets as a package for a minimum of 5 nights. Your DVC passes wouldn't qualify. If booking accommodation through the US site, I believe you can buy the dining plan when you have an annual pass/existing tickets by booking a ticketless package with them. However, I've only read about it on here and not actually don't it myself. You can't buy the dining plan for your eBookers stay I'm afraid.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I would do as others suggest and put the money away Monthly before you go.
I don't like pre loaded cards so would leave it in the Bank use a credit card and pay it all off when home.

However you are eligible for the Tables in Wonderland Card as an AP holder. That pays for itself in circa 5 days and gives you 20% off every bill and adds on the 18% tip. Win win.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
We have several reservations for March staying at POFQ and Gran Destino. Our first booking was made through e bookers and I want to add and pay for the dining plan spoke to Disney and they have told me three times that they cant do anything as booked through 3 rd party ebookers are adamant they cant do anything so have reached an impasse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
As others have said, there is nothing you can do other than cancel your e-bookers booking and try to rebook a US visitors dining plan deal.

I would recommend leaving your booking as it is and paying cash for meals. We have just done a trip without a dining plan and it was nice to be able to eat wherever we want and choose whatever we want off the menu. I bought myself a refillable mug on the first day and made good use of it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Tom

Quite agree we usually have a TIW card as we go several times a year and certainly this is something we would purchase as it pays for itself .
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Can I ask what you mean by adding on the tip?
Thanks

QUOTE=Mr Tom Morrow;14176253]OP. I would do as others suggest and put the money away Monthly before you go.
I don't like pre loaded cards so would leave it in the Bank use a credit card and pay it all off when home.

However you are eligible for the Tables in Wonderland Card as an AP holder. That pays for itself in circa 5 days and gives you 20% off every bill and adds on the 18% tip. Win win.[/QUOTE]
MrsBrown is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Thanks

QUOTE=Mr Tom Morrow;14176253]OP. I would do as others suggest and put the money away Monthly before you go.

However you are eligible for the Tables in Wonderland Card as an AP holder. That pays for itself in circa 5 days and gives you 20% off every bill and adds on the 18% tip. Win win.
[/QUOTE]

The TIW Card is available to DVC Members and AP holders. When you use it 20% gets removed from your bill but 18% added on. That’s the servers tip
So we save circa 2% off our costs and don’t tip as the Card has covered it
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

We find it very useful and you can use the card at nearly every bar and restaurant
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Thanks

This is a typical bill where I have used TIW, the server has helpfully highlighted the discount coming off and the auto tip going back on.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List