Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Originally Posted by Beddy666 View Post
We are doing a week at Disney, two adults and an under 3. I get the feeling we will be using our snack credits to feed our under 3? So I can’t see us having any left over...

Is it that people are careful with what they get so they get something they can share with someone, saving one credit as they’re only using the one credit?
Only speaking for myself (I have a normal sized appetite and a very sweet tooth!) we had loads of snack credits left over because we didn't snack in between meals. The portions were huge and in the hot weather we just were not hungry. We're not coffee drinkers so didn't use snack credits in Starbucks or for drinks as we didn't want to be drinking fizzy drinks all the day and instead were happy with the free park water and the Robinsons concentrate squeezy things we took with us.

Don't forget that under 3's eat off your plates so if you are going to buffets or platter service restaurants then your child isn't really sharing your food at all.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
Well I wasn't careful and did not try and save them, you start with 52 snacks which is a lot.
As we were at okw we did do toast or bagel before leavjng then euther QS or TS lunch and dinner so finding we were so full up there wasnt much room for snacks. We also stayed off site for 2 days so that banked some plus the arrival and leave day you can't get through all the meals lol they convert meal credits into snacks so I would say even the best will in the world and using them for FW you can't get through all of them plus just to add in we don't SHARE FOOD lol x
I used all my snack credits last month but as I said, I used them mainly for cold drinks. I agree with all the food which was why I very rarely got any actual snacks - it would've been too much to eat and with the temperature being 35 degrees and upwards during my whole trip I was glad of all those Minute Maid Lemonades, including a few frozen ones . The snacks I did get were the ice creamy type, including the delicious Dole Float at MK - had a few of those. Plus I had a couple of Mickey ice cream bars and a rather delicious frozen banana from a little cart in Africa in AK.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
Only speaking for myself (I have a normal sized appetite and a very sweet tooth!) we had loads of snack credits left over because we didn't snack in between meals. The portions were huge and in the hot weather we just were not hungry. We're not coffee drinkers so didn't use snack credits in Starbucks or for drinks as we didn't want to be drinking fizzy drinks all the day and instead were happy with the free park water and the Robinsons concentrate squeezy things we took with us.

Don't forget that under 3's eat off your plates so if you are going to buffets or platter service restaurants then your child isn't really sharing your food at all.
I didn't drink any fizzy drinks when I was there as I don't like them. There were plenty of non-fizzy drink options.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

52 credits? Is that snack credits? As we are there only a week on DDP isn’t that 14 per person, 2 per day, maybe the extra credit a day if using your own drink from the hotel rather than the parks?

It’s a first for us staying onsite so just trying to get my head round it.
Yes so you will have 28 on your room, plus I think although I'm sure an expert will correct me if I'm wrong QS and TS convert in to 3 snacks so as I said if you even have a TS or QS not used that's another 3 for two 6!
I must say I really didn't go hungry we also did a couple of signatures which are 2xTS credits and we did a couple of evenings at F&W we didn't want for anything as I said 2 days off site while at universal and the travel days help to bank a few credits
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
Yes so you will have 28 on your room, plus I think although I'm sure an expert will correct me if I'm wrong QS and TS convert in to 3 snacks so as I said if you even have a TS or QS not used that's another 3 for two 6!
I must say I really didn't go hungry we also did a couple of signatures which are 2xTS credits and we did a couple of evenings at F&W we didn't want for anything as I said 2 days off site while at universal and the travel days help to bank a few credits
So do you days at universal whilst staying at Disney hotel? Never thought of that. We are wanting to take the inlaws etc to Kennedy and sea world/ universal/ and Busch gardens. So booked in at the doubletree Hilton seaworld again, stayed there last trip and was great, but split it with a week at Disney first followed by 9 days there.
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

So do you days at universal whilst staying at Disney hotel? Never thought of that. We are wanting to take the inlaws etc to Kennedy and sea world/ universal/ and Busch gardens. So booked in at the doubletree Hilton seaworld again, stayed there last trip and was great, but split it with a week at Disney first followed by 9 days there.
Yes we just take an overnight bag, I did think of adding a couple of days on next year instead but will see when flights come out if that's doable as would like 2 nights really at universal/ioa next time but 1 night is fine as we check in early and with express passes we can do it in 2 days
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We do a split between universal and Disney. But Disney is always the longest part and we usually include SW and DC days into our Disney days. So we always have meals and snacks left over from them. No such luck this year as we aren’t doing anything other than Disney and universal. Though I’m sure we will still have snacks left over!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Have enjoyed reading these tips, thanks all!
One tip I got from a US board is mole skin, great for your feet. We wear flip flops and really protects the soles of your feet on long part days, have also used it on my heals with trainers, avoided any harm 🙂
With regard to snack credits I recommend the cinnamon bun at Gaston’s and the ice cream covered funnel cake near Indiana Jones at HS, both good to share.

Edited at 02:58 AM.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gulliver
Imagineer

orlandomaps/7th-edition/
The best map ever, even if you are staying onsite!
gulliver is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
I fill my spray bottles in that icey cold water...
Now that's an idea!
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List