Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cricket50
Proud to wear my Ears

I have just been reading this thread is everything now sorted. As the OP had a satisfactory outcome. Interested to know. Thanks.
cricket50 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So with just over 3 weeks to go we still dont have our flight tickets!

FM have since this post been dealing with my husband.

Theyve either only exchanged emails and wont return
Calls or returned calls days after messages left. We decided despite many with you in 2 days, Ill call you back that its delaying tactics to get to the 4 week market they kept insisting we had to wait for.

Cue Friday all day my husband was ringing when he eventually had a call back it was oh theres been a change of schedule on the flight

They say our 1hr 50 in Newark (pretty much same layover time each way) is now 11 hours in Washington again pretty much both ways!
Naturally we went crazy and said thats not what we booked...: I contact United who without a reference couldnt do a lot but found out we were out on those flights Thursday evening and cant say if we were on a different flight that changed (as we have no reference number). This was about 4.30 Friday. FM said they had another option:
295 pp (theres my husband and I our 5 kids and my in-laws) 2655 and fly direct from Gatwick

We said no we want the United flights changed to the ones we could see with a shorter layover. FM say they cant see it!

FM said they would hold the 295pp extra seats and speak to us Saturday!

Cue no contact despite calls to them every 30
Minutes and copious emails...

Same thing Monday... only contact via email and new options late in the day
295pp or travel a day after we planned and arrive back a day after we planned for 200pp
My husband reiterated for the gazillionth time not possible as I work in a school and go back the day after we are originally due to land and we have dining reservations all over the place planned.

Fm said ok we will hold these 295 flights and work on the managers to negotiate a price if possible as my husband had said this was them not us causing this issue!

Only contact via email yesterday hours between them and now the 295 has gone is after We have tried to scrape this money together (not easy and lots of plans cut)

Eventually 2pm get hold of them and they tell us the 295 pp option now gone up to something like 500pp

At this point I said enough I want the e tickets and we will try and change through united ourselves or perhaps get a hotel to go and chill out / nap in and hope the plans still work (new flights they put us on have us leaving uk at 7.30am landing in Orlando 00.30 the following day)
Anyway that demand had to be sent via email as no contact on the phone again...

5pm last night the reply was let us have one last go at the managers about getting these 295 flights
So still no tickets 😭😭😭

This was our big family holiday and the last big hurrah for my in-laws who retired this year! They dont blame us as we chose FM after a successful stress free trip last year but I have had a guts full 😭😭😭
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm sorry to read this is still going on. No advice but didn't want to read and run.

Got everything crossed you get something suitable.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
What an absolute nightmare for you and your family... I hope your thread has been seen by lots of people who have taken their business elsewhere after considering using this bunch of useless bleepers!

I really hope you can get a reasonable resolution to this and you go on to have the most fabulous family holiday.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Gosh this is so awful. I hope FM see this thread and realise how many people they have lost as future customers as a result of their simply terrible service. It's just not acceptable and I really feel for you.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for taking the time to come back and update us. All I can say is how sorry I am that this has happened to you and I dearly hope you get some kind of resolution that allows you to get the holiday youd hoped for. Shame on you Florida Masters. Whatever the issues theres never any excuse for woefully poor communication. Its probably too late to salvage your reputation on the Dibb now but at least try and do something for these poor people
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So 6pm and still no tickets!

When hubby finically got hold of them again he was told we could now paid 290 pp and fly a day earlier! 😭😭😭

He said we just want our tickets and will try to change the internal
Flight direct with united airlines but still nothing and avoiding calls / emails 😭😭😭 23 sleeps to go!
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Shocking service, I hope you get it sorted asap.
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

I cant see if you have done this but... How did you pay? if you used a credit card, could you not contact them for help?

Anything is worth a try.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I'm so sorry this is so frustrating for you and not the start to a holiday you want. I truly hope you can resolve this and then enjoy your well deserved holiday.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List