Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Nov 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Rosen Inn / Rosen Inn At Pointe

Honest opinions on these two hotels please, we usually use a villa but trying to cut costs, reviews on trip advisor seem ok, just wondered what dibbers think. Many Thanks
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I've stayed at the rosen inn pointe Orlando 4 times since 2003 . It's a budget hotel so don't expect too much and it's fine. It's clean , staff friendly enough. 3 clean pools . Buffet breakfasts are fine but thought a little expensive last year. Conveniently located on I drive and for universal visit. Depending on how many of are will depend how much cheaper than a villa it will be?
We find villa better for us now as we now need at least 3 rooms for the 5 of us now .
Villa better if doing Disney as closer normally.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
I've stayed at the rosen inn pointe Orlando 4 times since 2003 . It's a budget hotel so don't expect too much and it's fine. It's clean , staff friendly enough. 3 clean pools . Buffet breakfasts are fine but thought a little expensive last year. Conveniently located on I drive and for universal visit. Depending on how many of are will depend how much cheaper than a villa it will be?
We find villa better for us now as we now need at least 3 rooms for the 5 of us now .
Villa better if doing Disney as closer normally.
We have booked the Rosen Inn at Pointe for early 2021 due to the consistent good reviews

I have read that at the Rosen Plaza next door you are given a discount book to use in the buffet restaurant

Does this happen at the Rosen at Pointe ?

Where do people recommend going for breakfast ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed at the Rosen at pointe, we weren’t given a discount booklet. We ate breakfast at Denny’s, Perkins, and IHOP, they are all nearby
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed there as our first stay on Idrive (after 9 other visits to FL) and it was perfect for what we wanted and expected. The room was very clean and very comfortable beds. As a family of 4 it was useful to have the bathroom and wash area had a sliding door, so you could shower and then come out of the bathroom to dress etc. It is very convenient on Idrive and we would def stay again, yes there are better on Idrive but we were happy with what we paid and what we got.

It was also our first time without a car, so a real big change for us, we enjoyed it. Although we would probably hire a car again next time.
tiggersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
First choice for me, great location lots of food and bars nearby, always request ground floor at the very far pool which is a bit quieter, value for money you can't beat it, its clean tidy and as everything you need.
Prefer to have spending money than a rip off overpriced Disney hotel ( free parking at Rosen so saves you nearly $300 ! ) staff have always been spot on.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

Mobile

Thanks for all your replies, I am thinking of doing B&B, just for convenience more than anything else, any experience of the breakfast ?
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at both a couple of times and have always pre-booked the breakfast for each stay. If you pre-book it is cheaper than paying directly to the hotels. There is everything you can ask for and is buffet style. So you can have as much or as little as you want. Hot and cold drinks are included. I would highly recommend.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

Thanks for your replies, we are going with B&B option then I know its paid for and sorted, looking at price for hotel only its about £300 cheaper, I would spend more than that on breakfast over 2 weeks for the 3 of us.
Old 27 Nov 19, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
nathannnnnjames
I want to go now!

Mobile

Stayed at Rosen Inn at Pointe in October this year. Fantastic hotel. Room was clean, housekeeping and grounds fantastic. We booked with virgin and got coupons for two free breakfasts (we didn’t know this was included until check in), the food was okay, a good selection on the buffet and a make your own Mickey waffle station that I’m sure kids would love. Also very close to great places on international drive (dinner at Bahama Breeze was amazing).

Would definitely stay again.