Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Having flown on both 747 and 777 in the last few years, we always try and get the twin seats if possible. I do find the twin seats on the 777 better than 747..I think turbulence always feels worse on 747. (We flew into Chicago in August and it was a horrible landing, was very nearly sick!)
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princess pixie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for replies everyone, have picked the twin seats, row 43, hopefully turbulence not bad, had awful time on 747 in august coming back, that was sat in middle of the plane

October 2007 - Windsor Hills (First Trip)
October 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa
October 2010 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2012 - 10 Days in Florida
June/July 2013 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2014 - 3 Weeks in Florida
princess pixie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

We booked the middle set of two on the 777 on our return from Tampa in September. We did this because my daughter and husband wanted more room. My other daughter and I like sitting nearer the front as we don't like turbulence. The outcome was that they felt there was not enough difference in the amount of room to warrant the extra cost and I certainly thought they looked a bit cramped. The turbulence down there was felt much more than in the first rows of WT that we normally sit in apparently. The main upside is that they were not knocked by the trolley or people walking up and down as much as when we were flying out. They said they wouldn't book them again. On the other hand my daughter and I had an empty seat next to us which was great lol!

Back soon!
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Very mixed responses on the twin seats!

Thanks to this thread we've bit the bullet and doing row 44 on our flight home from Tampa for Oct 2020 but can't justify the cost going out to Tampa so we've gone with row 41.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Florida 4
Helping Donald

We flew with BA, and the plane we were on had 3 rows of 2 at the back. We booked the first and second rows and they were ideal. The front row of 2 seemed to have loads of room, my husband put his bag under 1 seat and his feet under the other. The bonus was the last row of 2 were reserved for the crew, so they pulled some curtains round and sat in those when they had a break, they were used about 3 hours of the whole flight. This meant we weren`t knocked or kicked from behind, and could recline as and when we wanted without disturbing anyone.
Fab Florida 4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

We booked the last two seats from Gatwick to Tampa and back. I wouldn’t pay it again as I didn’t feel it was worth it. I believe they did recline but not much and as previous poster said couple in front reclined almost immediately and didn’t sit up when we were served food. I didn’t like to say anything although I should have.
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fab Florida 4 View Post
We flew with BA, and the plane we were on had 3 rows of 2 at the back. We booked the first and second rows and they were ideal. The front row of 2 seemed to have loads of room, my husband put his bag under 1 seat and his feet under the other. The bonus was the last row of 2 were reserved for the crew, so they pulled some curtains round and sat in those when they had a break, they were used about 3 hours of the whole flight. This meant we weren`t knocked or kicked from behind, and could recline as and when we wanted without disturbing anyone.
Agree with this, the first row of 2 is the best (lots of space around it) then the second row of 2 the last isn't great as they don't recline fully.

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

I flew back on the last row of twin seats from MCO yesterday (Seats 44JK) and they fully reclined. Great seats!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
princess pixie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just back yesterday from our 4 night break, had twin seats row 43 a and b on both flights, loved space next to my seat and they were great, would definitely book these again

Didn't really feel much turbulence and food choice was good, row behind us was booked for the crew both times, this was flying into tampa

October 2007 - Windsor Hills (First Trip)
October 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa
October 2010 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2012 - 10 Days in Florida
June/July 2013 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2014 - 3 Weeks in Florida
princess pixie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MEGGYJOE View Post
We booked the last two seats from Gatwick to Tampa and back. I wouldn’t pay it again as I didn’t feel it was worth it. I believe they did recline but not much and as previous poster said couple in front reclined almost immediately and didn’t sit up when we were served food. I didn’t like to say anything although I should have.
You don't have to say anything, just make their flight uncomfortable by banging the back of their seat occaisionally and pulling on the seatback to raise yourself out of the seat every half hour or so. If people want to be pig ignorant to the comfort of others I can be just as annoying!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List