Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Nov 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Tell me about Vista Cay?

We are currently booked at the Endless Summer Resort but have really been looking at Vista Cay for the extra space (and extra bathrooms). Virgin have quoted an extra £270 to stay here instead.

The resort looks beautiful and still relatively close to Universal, Seaworld and IDrive.

Would anyone recommend staying here?

Thanks in advance
Old 19 Nov 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes! Perfect location and amazing place

Stayed twice
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lemmonie View Post
Yes! Perfect location and amazing place

Stayed twice
I'm very tempted to change my Virgin Holiday to a fly drive and book directly with an owner.

Did you book as a package or with owners directly?
Old 19 Nov 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It’s a nice place, bit run down and could do with a refurb but it’s clean and not to shabby a location
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

We were there in the summer and the halls and exteriors were being repainted. We didnt find it run down, but the apartments are not all run by the same mgt company.

My mum booked thru home and away rather than vista cays mgt co, which meant we chose and looked a the specific unit, did a bit of research with site plan online to choose a high floor facing seaworld fireworks, not immediately adjacent to the pool.

Generally loved vista cay, and would stay there again. we didnt walk anywhere from there but it was a short drive to everywhere we wanted to go to.
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stayed there several times and booked again for May!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I stayed there about 5 years ago. From someone who has stayed offsite all over maybe 15 times in total (Kissimmee, Davenport many different developments) this was the best place I stayed by far. Very good location, near the good end of ID, Publix walkable, NYPD pizza, nice pools and a nice lake to walk and run around.
I did not find it run down at all and I am quite particular. Maybe some units are, we rented from UK owners.
Old 19 Nov 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
truckergaz
Earning More Ears

We've stayed at Vista Cay by Millenium, had a 3 bed deluxe on the Publix side of the road... FANTASTIC!
Absolutely loads of room, well furnished, comfortable, secure.
We had a 2 bed premium booked this year before Thomas Cook went belly up, gutted but there you go...I would have no hesitation in recommending the side we stopped at...
truckergaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, ive found a really nice condo for a good price for our dates. Will contact Virgin in the morning to see if i can switch to a flydrive first.
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Made the switch to Vista Cay from Endless Summer, hopefully done the right thing!