Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Nov 19, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

DDP Snack credits as breakfast "sides"

Hi All,

I've seen talk of using snack credits for "sides" of bacon/sausage etc. at quick serve breakfasts, and it seems like this might be a great use of snack credits for our family (2A + DD9 DD3). In my head I'm thinking a qs breakfast plus 2 x snack credit sides might be more than enough for a cooked breakfast for us, rather than looking exclusively at overnight oats/pastries etc for snack credit usage at breakfast.
Has anyone any experience of this? Particularly at CBR, but any info would be good.

Thanks as always for the amazing feedback, so great to have this community here!
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Not at cbr but we did this at ssr last year. I didn’t know you could do it and as I was chatting to a cm about how many snack credits we had she suggested it.
Think we used up about 11 on our last morning for mickey waffles, eggs sausages.
It not the “best” use of the credit but definitely a good option and worked well for us.
We had loads of plates as everything came separately, great for the kids who couldn’t eat a full breakfast.

Edited at 08:12 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PortoBoy View Post
Hi All,

I've seen talk of using snack credits for "sides" of bacon/sausage etc. at quick serve breakfasts, and it seems like this might be a great use of snack credits for our family (2A + DD9 DD3). In my head I'm thinking a qs breakfast plus 2 x snack credit sides might be more than enough for a cooked breakfast for us, rather than looking exclusively at overnight oats/pastries etc for snack credit usage at breakfast.
Has anyone any experience of this? Particularly at CBR, but any info would be good.

Thanks as always for the amazing feedback, so great to have this community here!
You are going to have a lot of credits left over if you are typically using one between four people. I would maybe get two breakfasts and then use snacks on water / ice cream / drinks / the odd park snack.

I have never heard of anyone using snack credits for bacon / sausage etc, however having just looked at a couple of menus I would not be at all surprised if it is possible, they are about the price of a snack so it seems reasonable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We used 2 snack credits on beignets most mornings and it feed 4-5 of us for a light breakfast- It would depend on the portion size i think. May be better to split 2 breakfasts between more
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Not that I have looked specifically but I've never seen sausages/bacon offered as a snack credit but maybe it is something they'll do if you ask?
You can get fries for a snack credit and we've done that a few times to pad out a qs meal between 2 kids

Breakfast wise like said you might be better off getting 2 qs to share between you(personally I think the breakfasts are fairly small anyway )and save the snack credits for other things later in the day otherwise you will get through your snacks in no time but have lots of qs meal credits left.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We found this out last year and went crazy on the tater tots!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List