Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Oct 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

They’ve restricted the hotels included this year ( no Poly, no Contemporary) so maybe we’ll see more restrictions in that vein?
Roll on April
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SymsDisneyTrio
First POST

DLP already has their free dinning offer on for 2021 so hopefully WDW will follow suit (fingers crossed) x
SymsDisneyTrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Its not that limited though is it? I would guess most dibbers that visit Disney over the summer (May-Sept) have little problem booking a decent room with free dining
Plenty of dibbers go other times of the year as far as I can tell. The dining plan was much more limited this year in terms of the time of year it was offered, the hotels which offered it and even some room types did not come with it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by SymsDisneyTrio View Post
DLP already has their free dinning offer on for 2021 so hopefully WDW will follow suit (fingers crossed) x
Doubtful. I think if there is free dining it’ll be April as usual. DLP offers are always on a different timescale to WDW.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Considering Disney UK's website was so inundated with people visiting it when free dining was released this year - to the point that the website had a queue just to look at it! - then it's clear that the free dining offer is a major incentive to potential UK customers. Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) will want to offer something similar again next year in order to get the same - or greater - response. So, yes, I still think we'll get free dining offered next year in April.

It might be limited again in regards to dates and resorts that are offered, but I don't see WDTC getting rid of free dining any time soon. We'll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
In the grand scheme of things at WDW I doubt it is. The UK market is not as large as people think, the market to Florida as a whole is much bigger though.
It is the WDTC Limited - a UK company - that does the free dining deals for UK guests. WDTC will still want to get as many (or more!) UK guests paying to stay onsite as they have in previous years. They will still want their sales to increase compared to last year. And, note, this isn't about getting people to visit the parks - it's about getting people to stay onsite rather than offsite.

Not offering free dining will mean their onsite sales will reduce. They would have to offer something equally as appealing to customers to get them to stay onsite if they didn't offer free dining. Otherwise, people would just choose to stay offsite where it is significantly cheaper.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Really really hope free dining is offered we had a really good trip in 2017 and even better one in 2019 so am itching to get back in 2021! As others have said without the free dining we just wouldnt be able to do it and although i know we could stay offsite neither me or my oh have any desire to drive so staying onsite is really important to us.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’d pay even if they didn’t offer the free dining.

But I’m praying they do offer it!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hibby70
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hopefully going to be booking for CBR for first 2 weeks of July 2021. Never stayed on-site at Disney before. If I book in April 2020 when DDP is available do I have to choose to upgrade to full DDP from QS at the time of booking or can I add the upgrade later? Sorry I know the answer is in here somewhere!
Hibby70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
Hopefully going to be booking for CBR for first 2 weeks of July 2021. Never stayed on-site at Disney before. If I book in April 2020 when DDP is available do I have to choose to upgrade to full DDP from QS at the time of booking or can I add the upgrade later? Sorry I know the answer is in here somewhere!
You can upgrade later.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotzgal88
First POST

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
also hoping for similar booking fingers crossed for free dine !
Scotzgal88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List