Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Nov 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

disney deluxe resorts - which are best for counter service restaurants?

Have stayed at POR and WL previously. which deluxe resorts have a better counter service restaurant? hoping to be on the dining plan when we go back.

Many thanks

Edited at 10:24 PM. Reason: re worded
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Self serve as in sit down buffet or self as in counter service credit ones?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Self serve as in sit down buffet or self as in counter service credit ones?
sorry counter service i will amend my post
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Hi, I always think it’s hard to advise on best...too many individual preferences I think.
However all deluxe resorts have a quick service. I was really impressed with Grand Floridians Gasparilla grill. Nice setting and good food choices for my family. Contemporary and contempo cafe had some amazing cupcakes, beach clubs hurricane hanna is beautiful sitting next to the pool. Boardwalk bakery also has some lovely food. I like to combine a food stop with a visit (nosey) round the resort as well so I love all of them!
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

My favourite two are Contempo Cafe and Gasparilla's grill. They have a wider choice of items than most others IMO.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post

I think Gasparilla Grill is the only deluxe resort QS I have liked.

Contempo Cafe has a decent selection of food and when we stayed there we would often get things to take to the room, but we didn’t want to eat in as it was very noisy and canteen like.

Wasn’t impressed with Geysers Point at WL as despite being QS there was a thirty minute wait for a table. Roaring Fork was more QS like, I went in to fill up my mug but didn’t eat there as we were Club level. but I would have been happy to eat there.

I don’t think there was much of a QS offering at Yacht Club at all, I think maybe BC is better but we didn’t actually try it our.

I think the best two QS restaurants I have been to were in moderate resorts; Sassagoula Floatworks at POFQ and Centertown Marketplace at CBR.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'd say Yacht/Beach Clubs and the Boardwalk, not so much for the on-site offerings but for the wealth of options within a short stroll, most notably in Epcot.

Regardless, counter service choice would not be a key factor for me when choosing a deluxe.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The monorail resorts are much better in every way .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think Gasparilla Grill is the only deluxe resort QS I have liked.

Contempo Cafe has a decent selection of food and when we stayed there we would often get things to take to the room, but we didn’t want to eat in as it was very noisy and canteen like.

Wasn’t impressed with Geysers Point at WL as despite being QS there was a thirty minute wait for a table. Roaring Fork was more QS like, I went in to fill up my mug but didn’t eat there as we were Club level. but I would have been happy to eat there.

I don’t think there was much of a QS offering at Yacht Club at all, I think maybe BC is better but we didn’t actually try it our.

I think the best two QS restaurants I have been to were in moderate resorts; Sassagoula Floatworks at POFQ and Centertown Marketplace at CBR.
Counter service at BC is awful unless you eat cheese! When I was there in September there were a lot of flat breads etc there but I'm allergic to cheese and that's what's on them. There wasn't much else there. I can't wait to return to POFQ next year - I love Sassagoula Floatworks particularly the jambalaya
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

The marketplace at the BC is fine and Hurricane Hannahs is hit or miss but certainly isn’t “awful”. You have the Boardwalk Bakery which is nice across the way and you have TONS of choice in Epcot which is short walk away.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List