Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Must be just me who leaves them wherever without any thought...
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
Must be just me who leaves them wherever without any thought...
You’re not alone - that would be me too.
I do use the room safe at Disney but often forget to lock and leave the key wrapped up in my clothes!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I keep my passport in the hotel room safe.

On travel day(s) with no access to hotel room safe, I usually carry my passport with me in a waist pouch hidden under my clothes. I feel that this is the most secure as there's no chance I'll accidentally leave it somewhere, and it's a lot less likely to be stolen from a waist pouch than from my bag!
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
... and it's a lot less likely to be stolen from a waist pouch than from my bag!
Less of a chance yes. But the chances of someone being able to get into my bag whilst I am holding it, unzip the inner pocket and remove my passport are remote to zero.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
You’re not alone - that would be me too.
I do use the room safe at Disney but often forget to lock and leave the key wrapped up in my clothes!
One time I put them in a sock for maximum security. I think because we do not take any cash we have never been inclined to use any safes and I tend to not think about passports because my only fear is not getting to my holiday. Not getting back is never a fear. I do have online copies of them though. I certainly wouldn't leave them in a vehicle over being inside somewhere.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

DS put money in a sock when he was young and it was taken
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

oh and for all those who who carry it in a bag, and think its safe, carrying a bag is never safe. I have been mugged. I got off a bus and was walking from the bus stop to my home when a guy came up behind me and pulled my backpack. He had a knife and cut the straps of my back pack.

So really only safe way to carry valuables like a passport, phone and money is in a money belt under your clothes.

Since being attacked I wear one every day, inside my coat, yes even at home, going to work, going shopping etc, not just on holidays in foreign countries.

You think it will never happen to you, you think your passport and money is safe in a zipped pocket of a backpack or across body bag, but its not. Its very easy for someone to come up behind you and cut the straps!
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Safe in hotel room
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Less of a chance yes. But the chances of someone being able to get into my bag whilst I am holding it, unzip the inner pocket and remove my passport are remote to zero.
But they just cut the bag strap and make off with the whole bag.

Oops I see someone else posted similar!

Edited at 06:34 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't people want a passport. They want your cash so putting it in you bag is way more risky than just leaving it in your room / villa.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List