Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Virgin Cabin baggage?

Booked some cheap flights to Orlando with VA for New Year (too good a deal not to & always wanted to be there for New Year! )
I booked Economy Light so hand luggage only as I checked I could book 1 extra 23kg bag on check-in.

This is what it says on their website about hand luggage:

Additional items you can take with you
To help with baggage conundrums, we’ve compiled the following list to clarify the bits and bobs you can take onboard in addition to the allowances above:

Your handbag, small backpack/rucksack, pocketbook or purse, as you would normally use it (in other words, not just being used to contain items that would otherwise be regarded as baggage)
Your overcoat or wrap
Your umbrella or walking stick (these cannot be pointed or sharp)
A small camera and/or pair of binoculars
A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight
An infant’s food (for consumption on the flight)
A small amount of duty free goods
Headphones for onboard use (they’ll need the standard 3.5mm jack).
Laptops
What i want to know is, does anyone have any idea what size backpack is permitted?
I always take my handbag but DH has never taken a backpack (didnt realise until I looked this time!). Just dont want to turn up at check-in & them say its too big. TIA x
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mousemad View Post
Booked some cheap flights to Orlando with VA for New Year (too good a deal not to & always wanted to be there for New Year! )
I booked Economy Light so hand luggage only as I checked I could book 1 extra 23kg bag on check-in.

This is what it says on their website about hand luggage:

What i want to know is, does anyone have any idea what size backpack is permitted?
I always take my handbag but DH has never taken a backpack (didnt realise until I looked this time!). Just dont want to turn up at check-in & them say its too big. TIA x
We took a normal size rucksack , no one said a word about it as long as it fits unde the seat in front .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

My husband takes the tripp hand luggage case for hand luggage, as well as a backpack that contains his laptop, other gadgets etc
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We took a normal size rucksack , no one said a word about it as long as it fits unde the seat in front .
We have a rucksack but i thought it would be too big. We usually take it & a wheeled cabin case but this time were taking a cabin case each with only having 1 checked bag.
I've measures the handbag i took last time & its 13" x 9" so looking for a rucksack/backpack around that size. There seems to be alot os those one strap backpacks.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando

Edited at 01:46 PM.
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mousemad View Post
We have a rucksack but i thought it would be too big. We usually take it & a wheeled cabin case but this time were taking a cabin case each with only having 1 checked bag.
I've measures the handbag i took last time & its 13" x 9" so looking for a rucksack/backpack around that size. There seems to be alot os those one strap backpacks.
We’ve just come back and flew on delta and virgin . I had a huge handbag , and a wheeled cabin case .dh had a normal size rucksack and wheeled cabin Case ds has wheeled cabin case , rucksack and his savi lightsaber . None were weighed either . As long as you can lift the case into the overhead and put the bag under the seat in front you will be fine . We had nearly 40kg just in hndluggage which helps if you are handluggage only. Fir toiletries you can always do click and collect from boots airside as it won’t matter as you are past security .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve just come back and flew on delta and virgin . I had a huge handbag , and a wheeled cabin case .dh had a normal size rucksack and wheeled cabin Case ds has wheeled cabin case , rucksack and his savi lightsaber . None were weighed either . As long as you can lift the case into the overhead and put the bag under the seat in front you will be fine . We had nearly 40kg just in hndluggage which helps if you are handluggage only. Fir toiletries you can always do click and collect from boots airside as it won’t matter as you are past security .
Wow, thanks so much for the info. We have a small backpack but i cant find it! I've looked in our cases we usually take but no sign of it

I can put the toiletries in the checked bag so no problem with that. We also have a 'purple locker' that is stored there & we just tell them where & when we want it delivered so have toiletries etc... in there.

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

My backpack is my hand luggage!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Be aware that the one item of hand luggage must not exceed 10kg (22lbs). I have had my bag weighed before now, so it is pot luck if you try to get away with a heavier bag. And, it is more often on return that the weight has been checked.

Then in addition there is the handbag, small rucksack, that you can carry on as well.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

We flew yesterday and hand luggage wasn't weighed
I just took a large handbag but was gobsmaked how much people bought on board
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List