Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Hi,
We are going on a 9 day Baltic cruise on the NCL Getaway next month, it’s from Copenhagen though but managed to pick up cheap Easyjet flights & so will have a couple of days either side to see the sights of Copenhagen.
We are a family of 4 & the kids are 13 & 17.
I found that this 9 day cruise worked out to be a similar price to 7 days around the Med but didn’t really look at sailing out of Southampton.
Cheers
Les
I just thought I’d add a few comments as we are passing time at our hotel in Copenhagen before our flight home this afternoon.
All in all we have had a great holiday & probably up there with our first couple of holidays to Disney as a family.
We flew EasyJet Manchester to Copenhagen two days before our cruise spent a full day in Tivoli doing other rides then boarded the NCL Getaway nice & early with no real queues or hassle.
We had a single cabin for the 4 of us which was possibly not a great idea for 9 days , we enjoyed the food, entertainment, bar areas & restaurants.
We only had one official tour booked which was via SPB tours around Saint Petersburg (NCL excursions worked out twice the price) this was a great way of enjoying the sites around SPB. The rest of the ports we DIY’d which would have been easier if we hadn’t docked so far away (Rostock & Stockholm).
We would recommend NCL for a family cruise & would definitely go with them again, we felt the food was better than DCL’s & obviously the entertainment was more “grown up” which suited us all.
I will try & do a little TR when I get chance with more detail.
We will also be able to compare to RCL as we are cruising on the Harmony of the Seas next Easter.
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List