Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I also went on a bke ride this morning in the woods, and being mainly shaded it wasn't an issue. Got up to 34 here, and my app showing its 32 now.
Mmm no shade for me unfortunately, was out on the road bike.
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well that was a fun day! Started off well, went to go and see the matinee performance of Waitress in London, obviously roasting hot outside but the theatre was lovely and cool and we got upgraded free of charge from Upper Circle to seats in the Stalls. The show was excellent and for those that haven’t seen it Lucie Jones was fantastic!
Once finished we walked back over to Waterloo but all trains had been cancelled or delayed because of signalling problems and a trespasser on the line near Reading. No problem we thought we’ll go to Green Park and take the Piccadilly Line to Hatton Cross where my OH can pick us up. Severe delays on the tube so decide to get dinner to see if it settles down by the time we finish. After a very mediocre meal at Prezzo’s we get the tube to Vauxhall and the trains are still up the creek! Eventually managed to get on a train to Strawberry Hill and have not long walked in through the door 5 hours later than expected. As you can imagine the trains and tubes were horrendous, people’s tempers were definitely frayed as were ours as at one point it looked like we would have to pay £60 in an Uber to get home!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Well that was a fun day! Started off well, went to go and see the matinee performance of Waitress in London, obviously roasting hot outside but the theatre was lovely and cool and we got upgraded free of charge from Upper Circle to seats in the Stalls. The show was excellent and for those that haven’t seen it Lucie Jones was fantastic!
Once finished we walked back over to Waterloo but all trains had been cancelled or delayed because of signalling problems and a trespasser on the line near Reading. No problem we thought we’ll go to Green Park and take the Piccadilly Line to Hatton Cross where my OH can pick us up. Severe delays on the tube so decide to get dinner to see if it settles down by the time we finish. After a very mediocre meal at Prezzo’s we get the tube to Vauxhall and the trains are still up the creek! Eventually managed to get on a train to Strawberry Hill and have not long walked in through the door 5 hours later than expected. As you can imagine the trains and tubes were horrendous, people’s tempers were definitely frayed as were ours as at one point it looked like we would have to pay £60 in an Uber to get home!
Good news on the show, but sounds a nightmare regards the journey home.

My son and his girlfriend were due to travel ro thw otherside of London by tube, but both the met and central lines had severe delays so they gave up.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Good news on the show, but sounds a nightmare regards the journey home.

My son and his girlfriend were due to travel ro thw otherside of London by tube, but both the met and central lines had severe delays so they gave up.
It was honestly ridiculous. It seemed London came to a standstill, no one could get anywhere. I’ve never been that unlucky, if the overground has delays I get the tube or vice versa but never both on the same day! Your son and gf were wise to give up they wouldn’t have got very far and most likely stuck on a crowded train with no air con 😱

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We were up today to go to the Dior exhibition at the V&A. Roasting hot, but the buses were fine (never use the tube in summer!)

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Firsttimers2018 View Post
HE WON! 23k mostly uphill in 1hr 47min. He ran up ditchling beacon if anyone knows Sussex. Very proud of him. X

Ps when we got back to the car post race it was showing 34 degrees in Brighton.
Wow! I know Ditchling Beacon, that is totally amazing especially in today’s heat. We have just got back to our hotel after seeing Pink at Wembley, tubes and trains had sorted themselves out luckily by the time it had finished, we were delayed getting there but had no idea that the delays were so widespread today.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We were really lucky with tubes yesterday! Got across to our hotel really easily and then back into central fine.
OH was incredibly surprised by his backstage tour of Phantom and loved it! We saw the matinee of Come From Away which really was INCREDIBLE. However the heat in there was unbearable from where we were sitting.
Then we went to TGIs for dinner and due to awful service when we arrived at the restaurant but fantastic service from our waitresss we got two sides, one main and two milkshakes for free! Meaning we only paid for two cocktails and one main! Worked out well in the end.

Everybody’s Talking About Jamie was of course again fantastic, and they have a better cooling system which was appreciated!

By the time we left the only lines with delays was the Pic which didn’t affect us so because we walked around during the day rather than getting the tube, thankfully we didn’t get stuck anywhere. 18,000 steps in that heat before standing for Pink tonight is not going to do my disability any good! Thank god i’ve Got two days off work after this!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List