Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 02, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Angie
slightly serious Dibber

Has anyone ever used one? was it worth it etc.
Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 02, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril
Apprentice Imagineer

Angie,
I'm using the one at Gatwick on Mon,

will let you know if it was worth the money when I get back, I'm determined to drink at least the entrance fee in coffee,lol well a girl's got to get her moneys worth .
Old 7 Mar 02, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I used to use them when I worked at BA - they are quite nice, and they are v. quiet,  but I wouldn' t pay for the priviledge.

If you have a Diner's Club card then you can use lounges in most airports - that was how I got to use them (I had a company DC Card).  

They tend to be called ServisAir lounges and are often shared by many smaller airlines.

You get free drinks and sometimes they have nibbles on offer to eat,  they usually have internet access as well.

If you think you would use the lounges often,  then I would consider getting a Diners Club card - but I think it has an annual fee.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 02, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Angie
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Bovril.
My main reason for using one would be for my son really, he has autism and i thought maybe it would be a bit quieter than the rest of the airport, or at least a calmer feel to it. I'll see what you have to say when you get back  .
Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 02, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Angie - which airport are you considering?  some of them don't allow children in,  and to be honest both the one's I've used regularly had quite a snooty atmosphere and while they are quiet,  I think I would feel uncomfortable taking a child in,   especially if he might be a bit loud? (I don't know your son so I have no idea how he would behave,  but it's worth bearing in mind)

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread