Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Jun 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

This is hilarious, I agree with other posters that the reality of a holiday with small kids sometimes doesn't get shown in trip reports... 😀. Thanks for posting x
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Hopefully going his time next year, am loving your reports getting me so excited!
Irish family of 6 also but 2 kids, 2 parents and 2 grandparents could be just as much fighting as the 4 kids!
May I ask which villa community you’re in? We’re looking at Highlands Reserve so we can walk to the pub (typical Irish) 😂😂
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Batman1
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Hopefully going his time next year, am loving your reports getting me so excited!
Irish family of 6 also but 2 kids, 2 parents and 2 grandparents could be just as much fighting as the 4 kids!
May I ask which villa community you’re in? We’re looking at Highlands Reserve so we can walk to the pub (typical Irish) 😂😂
Highlands reserve is great for location. Just be aware that it's a huge community and some parts would not be close enough to walk to Berry town centre.
We stayed at Hibiscus Ridge villa, a dibb villa, and would highly recommend it. It's about a 15 min walk.
Batman1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Hi roisin , haven’t heard from you for couple of days- hope this means you’re having a fab time. Please don’t give up on the report - I’m having withdrawal symptoms!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
We stayed in terra verde resort in a privately owned house that I booked through aer B and B..it was honestly just fab .beautifully decorated and modern and a really nice safe gated community.would go back again but it wouldn’t be great for walking distance to bars and restaurants to be honest..it has a nice little tiki bar at the pool and the cocktails and drinks are only $4 and cokes etc are $1.50 and we had a few sneaky ones there after the smallies stressed me out of my mind at Kennedy space centre but will get to that later ..you would need to either drive or get a taxi for a restaurant x

Edited at 01:24 PM.
roisin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
Hi roisin , haven’t heard from you for couple of days- hope this means you’re having a fab time. Please don’t give up on the report - I’m having withdrawal symptoms!
Ah I’m so sorry I fell completely behind and we just got home Friday and back to work yesterday so will try and catch up as I can ..I still don’t know why the photos won’t load .was pure raging cos I finally remembered to start taking them !
Old 2 Jul 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Day 6
early enough up and out today with eldest ds crying off from coming to volcano bay .he really isn’t coping too well with the heat at all.his head is also wrecked spending so much time with the smallies.hes used to them being at the childminder after school Ana has the house to himself for a few hours wen he gets home so today he’s having some well deserved “me “time .this involves getting in and out of the hot tub and snap chatting his friends.at least I won’t be listening to him moaning about the heat but i was feeling really jealous cos he was getting away from them 😉.
We had to be back about 2 as my cousin was coming to see us and we were going for dinner with her so stopped at Perkins on sand lake road for breakfast .this was really good again ..smallies had the cupcake pancake breakfast again with bacon ..they are loving being allowed to eat all this junk but I don’t know how I’m going to wean them off the sugar when I go home .me ,dp and dd has the usual massive amounts of eggs bacon pancakes etc .i had a coupon for a free magnificent 7 and one of us had that .cang properly remember and as I didn’t keep up doing it when I was away I’m trying to remember from photos and receipts I kept .
food was all really good and quick and we were out and in volcano bay by 9.30am.bill was only $31 as we had the coupon plus only 5 of us today with ds staying home.
Had a great morning in volcano bay ..wait times were really short and we got all the rides done by 2 as some of them had ride now on them so we didn’t have to tap in to come back.got a nice spot with an umbrella for shade for the kids wen they wanted it and parked all our stuff there on the loungers .im so glad we had tickets for this park it really was a favorite for all of us and no one touched your stuff at all .everything was always exactly where you left it ..I did use the small lockers to put phone and wallet in the first day but didn’t bother today .
we left a bit later than we intended but got in to car at 2.30 and weather changed again .rained the whole drive back to the villa and it really was torrential.i don’t know how but we keep managing to avoid the rain ..always just in the car when it happens !git back to villa and kelly had text to say she was stuck in traffic with the weather and wouldn’t get to us til after 4 so was grand cos had time to get everyone looking half decent for a change.now your probs wondering why all is peaceful with the smallies today..well they were sat down this morning and warned that If they fought or misbehaved at all today then they would not be leaving the villa the next day at all..dp actually had v serious words and they know that when it comes from him he means it.he would have no probs keeping them in all day whilst he does his fav activity of watching the tele ..
Part of me was secretly hoping they would mess up so he would stick to his word as he always does and i would have a day at the outlets.
Well no such luck for me the two were determined to be on the best behavior and when kelly arrived they were so in love with her that all their boldness disappeared with the major effort at trying to be her favorite.had a really nice few hours with her catching up and we all went to millers in hunters creek for dinner.this was so yum .dp had a rack of lamb..I had a zingers mountain melt ..ds and dd had two different burgers and smallies had chicken tenders and fries .kelly had zingers and a spinach dip appetizer.
I did the driving so dp had two beers and kelly two Bactria and cokes.they shared two brownies for desserts and I swear they were massive .we could have easily shared just one between the 6 of us.we also had sides of onion rings (huge )and dp sorted the bill as he was felling all manly after the beer but he said it was $134 for all of us which I thought was great value for what we had .we all really enjoyed it here .
Headed back to villa about 9 and had an early night .
Old 2 Jul 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Sounds like a good day had by all roisin! Glad to hear about volcano bay and millers as these are both new to me and already on my to do list. I just hope we're as lucky as you with the weather!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great you are able to start posting again very selfishly as I love your humour don’t worry about the photos your words are painting the pictures 😁 great update x

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Was having withdrawals, seriously could read it all day!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List