Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Anyone had blocks on teeth with a brace?

DS2 had his brace fitted yesterday - apparently he has a complicated mouth so lots going on. He had blocks put on his back 2 molars at the top on each side. He can't bite together at all and can't eat. Does anyone know how long he'll be miserable for? I'm hoping he can eat within a few days. The blocks will probably be on for 6 months plus so he'll have to find a way to eat in the mean time.

He was also given bands (ds1 didn't use the bands until months in with his brace) as the dentist wanted to "challenge" him (her words). It was all too much for him yesterday so last night I told him to leave the bands off until the weekend while he gets used to the braces.

Does anyone have experience with bite blocks?
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dd 16 had very strange teeth, she has had braces since nine, the orthodontist said 4 more visits before they are off. She had blocks, she said they wear down after two weeks and then are more manageable and then bits start to fall off. She also has bands, her mouth is a bit achy after a appointment but she takes ibuprofen and carries on. She eats and drinks most things and it’s never stopped her eating really x
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofy's Buddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yeah my daughter has tram tracks and upper and lower blocks. She has had them since October. They are not painful but she struggles to speak. She has been told to remove them for eating because they are full sets for both top and bottom. It is very hard to get her to wear them but they are making such a difference - she actually has the makings of a chin now!
Goofy's Buddy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Unfortunately the blocks are cemented to his teeth so he can't take them out. From speaking to mums in the playground with older children it takes a while to learn to bite and eat so even if it take a couple of weeks thats normal.

He didn't eat his lunch in school yesterday but had a can of soup of dinner last night. He couldn't eat breakfast this morning either. I've sent him to school with a pasta salad in the hope he can suck on it!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter has big blocks on her braces, it took her a couple of weeks to eat normally and talk normally. It's hard on them isn't it - I couldn't understand what she was saying to begin with and she was getting so frustrated! So worth it though, her teeth have changed so much and we still have a couple of years to go yet!
Fingers crossed your son manages to eat today!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List