Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
HELP! How do you take your money?

We have this dilemma every time we go - we don't know how to take our money?

We have in the past taken cash and Travellers Cheques with a credit card as a backup but not sure if this is the best way to do things?

We are staying on site with DDP with one night stay at the HRH using UBER or LYFT to get there and back. We are also planning a few hours at the Mall for my wife and 3 DD

Any thoughts would be most welcome

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Just before Brexit happened I swapped a load of £ for $ to lock in the rate, so for the pat few trips I have mostly relied on cash.

I keep it in my hand luggage and when it's in my hand luggage I put a padlock on the compartment of the bag with my cash in.

I'm newring the end of the cash- only have $700 left, so the next few trips will be part cash and mostly Monzo card. Monzo has no fees for use abroad and allows you to add notes to your spending and put it in different "pots", useful if you want to split costs or if you want to see what you spend on food versus fuel versus souvenirs for example.
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Mixture of cash, prepaid cards and a credit card for emergencies for us. We are here now and on the first night my Revolut card dint work in Walmart despite me making sure and activating card in UK so credit card was used (we were in the cashless cue) I also have Monzo card where I have my DS spending money so he doesn’t carry cash with him to the parks.
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Years ago we used to take TC, now we just use the Halifax Clarity credit card to get money from the ATM when we need it, most items are paid by credit card and the cash is just back up for small things.
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I use Halifax Clarity and Post Office credit cards as my main sources. Both are fee free and exchange using business not tourist rates so you’ll get the best rate on the day. I have a savings account for holidays, so I pay the bill in full when we get back to avoid any interest charges.

I take £300 to £500 cash. (Travel insurance will generally only cover around £500)

For this trip we are also using a Starling account for our Lyft/Uber trips. We are not hiring a car for the first time in 7 trips. It’s the same as Monzo which is also good
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We split our spending money 50/50.

£750 in cash and £750 on WeSwap card.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We use cards for everything. And take $100 (does us several trips).
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

We don't do anything differently to what we do at home. We bring our purse / wallet and use it as normal. We will maybe get $200 - $300 cash and carry half each.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We took half in cash & half on a revolut card. Also pre-loaded £300 onto paypal for ubers.
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I take cash for small payments and credit card for larger payments - exactly the same as I do at home.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List