Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 02, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

As I mentioned on the UKDIS, I have recently upgraded our seats with Virgin to PE...as I have never flown PE before I am always interested to hear anyone's stories and advice about PE...so all information is most welcome.

,  ,  ,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 02, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theFatman
Excited about Disney

You lucky people, we've not done it since we had the nippers.
Astrids going PE in a few days so she'll have the latest info when she gets back.

• Carnival GLORY 04
  • RCCL 7 times 05,06,07,08,08,09,09
theFatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 02, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Dave. My "nippers" are all grown up now - or at least thats what they tell me - pity I can't say the same about my DH, LOL! They're paying for themselves and they're all at an age when they can appreciate these things much better.

I'll keep an eye out for Astrid's reports and advice when she gets back. . Hope you have a great time Astrid.
Old 5 Mar 02, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
FloridaMUM - I love your new signature!

hope you enjoy PE.  I can just dream about such luxury...

Bev
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 02, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMcMouse
Helping Minnie

Hi Floridamum,

We've been pe a few times, nice to get the extra space, but it all seems to depend on which kind of plane you will have.

The old 747-200 which are supposed to be retired now where not as good as the 747-400s or the airbuses which were superb !

You will be able to check in, in the short line, you should get into a nice lounge and you will get priority baggage at orlando which is quite nice.

The service on board gives you a little extra choice for meals and some champagne, the extra space as I have said seems to depend on the planes.

However you will enjoy it, infact you will probably be frightened to sleep incase you miss any of the pampering  ,

David ,
93G.C,94DLP NB,95WDW CB+G.C,97WDW WL+G.C, 98DLP DH,98WDW GF+G.C,99DLP DH,99G.C,00WDW WL+G.C,00WDW WL+Wyn P,01WDW WL+G.C,02WDW AKL+OKW+VWL,02WDW VWL,03Barbados,03WDW VWL,03WDW BCV+VWL,04WDW OKW,04DLP DL, 05WDW VWL,05WDW VWL,06WDW SS,06WDW SS/BWV, 07WDW SS,07WDW SS,07WDW SS,07WDW SS,08WDW SS,08WDW Dolp,08WDW SS,08WDW SS,09WDW SS,09HGV,09HGV,09WDW SS,10WDW SS, 10WDW VWL,10HGV,11HGV,11WDW SS,11WDW SS, 12WDW SS,13OKW,13WDW SS,13 WDW OKW, 14WDW SS,14WDW SS, 15WDW SS,15WDW SS,16HGV,16WDW SS, 16WDW SS
MickeyMcMouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 02, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd love to go PE but with having the 3 nippers it gets a little expensive  ,   When we went to Boston with United Airlines the other week (without the kids) we asked to be upgraded and I was really excited to be told we were going to be put in premier economy.  I was expecting the equivalent of Virgin's PE but all we got was the extra 5" or so legroom.  Not that I'm complaining though nor was Dave as he's 6' so it came in handy for him.  Is it only Virgin who do the super duper Premium Economy?

Lisa
Old 5 Mar 02, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I can't wait and the more I learn about PE from everyone the more excited I get.

David,
I like the sound of the pampering and I'm sure I'll be too excited to sleep in case I miss something, I like the sound of more room, more choice and the short lines too - now that sounds appealing!
Old 5 Mar 02, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzie
Imagineer

Hi

I flew PE last Ocober (and have booked to go PE this October too ,

The only downer to it is you will never want to fly economy again .

When you arrive at Gatwick you walk up a red carpet and get checked in immediately.You will be first on the aircraft when you board as long as you're not on the old 747-200 you will be upstairs.You have bigger seats and more leg room.There is a foot rest that pulls out as well.All down the side of the aircraft is a cupboard like the overhead one.So although you have lots of leg-room you also won't have any bags around your feet!Glass of champagne as you sit down.The food,amenity kit and entertainment are the same as economy , There are 2 staff for PE so this is to about 30 people I think.

When you arrive at Orlando you exit the aircraft first,so will get straight through customs with no queue.Then you are first to baggage carousel,your luggage comes down a seperate one just for PE and Upper class.So you are then first through customs and bag checks and first to get your car.It keeps you ahead of a few hundred people all the way really.

On the way back all the same except the luggage came down the same chute as economy  but still came first.

It was absolutely fantastic and you'll love every minute of it.

Any other questions let me know ,
Kazzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 02, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
We travelled in PE in May 99 on our flight home, it was a free upgrade to make up for them having no captioned videos for me.

The biggest bonus for us was the legroom, as I am 5ft 9 and DH is 6ft 2.  The seats are wide, and go back, like a recliner, not totally flat but a BIG improvement on Economy.  The only problem I had was I was FREEZING, something to do with being over the flight deck or something, I just couldn't get warm.  Other than that it was great, but don't know whether I would pay the extra for it.

I'm sure as others said, you will never want to fly Economy ever again once you have experience PE! .

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 02, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Ok thanks tracey...I will NOT get jealous, I will NOT get jealous... ,