Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Florida Magical Tours
Unread 5 Dec 18, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Someone just posted elsewhere that their broker told them theyve had no waivers or anything from DVD since the end of October and people have gone beyond 30 days. Taking the Mickey, literally.
Unread 5 Dec 18, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Someone just posted a pass from today/yesterday, so fingers crossed that we might hear soon!
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Well I got the official email this morning that I passed ROFR :-) so if anyone has any advice now on a couple of things I am unclear on that would be fab
At what point do I have to pay the balance?
How long will it be before I have the points and can make a reservation?

Would love to go and celebrate but just had an op on my mouth and its killing me so no alcohol or good food for at least a week! - :-(
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
saratoga springs here we come!
Unread 6 Dec 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
slightly serious Dibber

Next stage is estoppel which in my experience has taken anything from 3 to 20 days.

Once estoppel comes back clear, the title company will prepare the closing docs for buyer and seller to sign. You will also get details of how and when to pay the closing balance. I paid immediately but I think you could wait until the seller is confirmed as having signed and returned.

You will be given a closing date when the closing docs are prepared. Mine was about 50 days in the future. One contract closed way before that and one contract was bang on the exact closing date.

Once closed the title is registered. You can check on here to see when the title is recorded:
or.occompt/recorder/web/login.jsp

Once recorded it's sent to Disney, and they can take another 2-3 weeks to create your membership and add the points in. I would call them after a week and see where they are at. You can probably save a few days wait by doing this

Then it's fun time !

One of my contracts took just 4 weeks from passing RoFR to having the points. Another took 8 weeks.

Edited at 10:16 AM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Well I got the official email this morning that I passed ROFR :-) so if anyone has any advice now on a couple of things I am unclear on that would be fab

Would love to go and celebrate but just had an op on my mouth and its killing me so no alcohol or good food for at least a week! - :-(
Brilliant news I think you got a very good deal and patience and research paid off in the end.

My one tip is once you are meant to be closing keep searching for your name on the OC Comptrollers website.

Once your deed appears you can try and get your member number, do this by calling DVC up. You will need your deed number off the OC Comptroller website.

This bit gets hit and miss and you have to get through to someone helpful. I tried different departments, think I pressed 3 and 2 or 2 and 3 (it was some time ago, sorry) before I got someone willing to help.

In the likely event someone will not help, thank them, hang up and call beck trying a different dept.

Assuming you can get someone to help, theyll give you a code and a member number, which allows you to access the website.

Doing it this way shaved about 2 weeks off the snail mail letter coming through the post with the details on for me!
Unread 6 Dec 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Wow they did the Dibbers tranch together
Well done skystorm
Unread 6 Dec 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Trainee Dibber

The email we received advised that Estoppel would take about 3 weeks, then closing documents and instructions, then about 3 weeks to update the account. I'm a little nervous as we need to bank by the end of January so we only have 8 weeks!
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post

Well done!
Not sure if it helps but this was our timeline for an add on contract recently:
Offer accepted: 8/9/18
sent to ROFR: 12/9/18
ROFR passed: 3/10/18
Contracts issued: 9/10/18
Closed: 23/10/18
Points in DVC account: 3/11/18
I sent final funds on Fri 19/10/18 by travelwire and they were received on Mon 22/10/18.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Kenwood Travel