Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > General Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.
Florida Tix
Unread 5 Dec 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Very Serious Dibber

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Who loves Airport lounge's?

Evening all!

There seems to be a really good deal for airport lounges if I buy before Sunday through money saving expert.

Just cant decide so thought you guys could help me!

Weve been in the vroom once and absolutely loved it. Kids were younger and I could keep an eye on them much more easily. Not been to other lounges though.

Were travelling peak summer time Gatwick South terminal so find the airport often busy with little space to sit and relax. I get nervous going through the airport (fine once Im on the plane!) so find a more relaxing space tempting.

The downside for me is if wed get much time in there... I was put off booking one a couple of years ago because due to huge lines at checkin and security we literally had 20 mins in the departure lounge (despite being at the airport 3 hrs before!).

Next year we are travelling premium so will hopefully get a speedy checkin and priority security. So I think wed get enough time.

Benefits along with quieter space are food and drinks. Wed eat at airport so even a drink and sandwich would be 10 each, so cost is very reasonable. I think you can get alcohol too but Id probably stick to soft drinks, hubby would definitely indulge. :-)

So my question is do I book it? If so which one have people used? No1 lounge is at 97 or Mylounge at 68. What sort of food did you have and enjoy? Im veggie and my dd is fussy eater...Ive looked at menu but interested in peoples personal experiences. Wed be there for our flight at 1 pm so be there about 10.30/11. What happens if airline changes your flight time?

Let me know what you think! Thank you
DDD
LBV resort and spa 2009 / Howard Johnson I drive 2004

Edited at 02:57 PM.
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Arty, Royal and Beachy - a triple treat!
Unread 6 Dec 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Very Serious Dibber

DDD's Reviews
Anyone who can help? Thank you
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 7 Dec 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
At those prices not sure I would bother. We have used the No1 Lounge which we access though our bank we enjoy the food ( bacon roll one per person although quite small, cereal, pastries,fruit ,cheese this changes after 11am ) and drinks (beer,spirits,wine ) they offer also a nice place to sit away from the crowds.
Venice DH 60th Birthday 2019
Unread 7 Dec 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We have used airport lounges twice, not at Gatwick though, and really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and included food and drinks while waiting to board. But I have only booked when its been very cheap (free once with the HE deal when they had it) I dont think I would pay 97 for it, is that for just 2 of you? 68 may be cheaper but if its for 2, its still quite a lot for a couple of hours.

If you do book, then head to the airport as soon as your check in opens or just before and use priority security (we paid just 1 pp for this at Gatwick in October so look out for sales on this) so you can maximise the time there. I agree that Gatwick isnt great to wait in, not enough seating or good affordable places to eat or drink. So, if you can afford it and fancy it, why not book it and treat yourself? 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Home again, but we will return
Unread 7 Dec 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Depending on the amount of flights leaving at around the same time makes all the difference.
We have been in number 1 lounge when its been heaving and they couldnt get snacks out fast enough.
We have also been in them when they are nice and quiet, more and more people use them now so the chances of them being really quiet is quite minimal .
Tbh your prices are quite high , would you eat or drink that much to justify it ?
The only place I would def book one is Birmingham airport from April onwards as it gets packed , not your answer I know 😐
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All change: Boston, Arizona,Grand Canyon
Unread 7 Dec 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
deeky
Trying for More Ears

Hi No.1 Lounge are doing special offers at the moment and are coming in at 64 for two people. I always use a lounge but not sure I would pay 94 given that you never get the three hours.
deeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Excited about Disney

As far as Im concerned, its the biggest waste of money ive ever experienced. Never again
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again. Hooray !
Unread 8 Dec 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
foiled
Trading Disney Pins

If you sign up for an American Express gold card (free for the first year, but make sure you cancel before that) gets you 2 free longe passes that can be used at the No 1 Lounge in Gatwick
foiled is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Exploring Disney, and beyond...
Unread 9 Dec 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
Imagineer

I have used vroom a couple of times and found it relatively enjoyable, if somewhat expensive.

My problem is what I am missing out on by being in the lounge. I love the hustle and bustle, people watching whilst making up scandalous, ludicrous, fictitious stories as to what various 'interesting ' passengers might be doing or going to, shop browsing (but very rarely buying), plane spotting balcony etc etc etc.

We fly but once a year on average and this is a part of the vacation that we enjoy, along with staying in a Premier Inn the night before and having the fat boy buffet breakfast (18 or so for 2 adults and boys of 12 and 15).

I dont want to pay a premium in order to miss out on all those things that I enjoy.
2005 On site Disney. 2009 Idrive. 2010 Idrive, 2011 LBV+ Duck Key. 2012 Gulf Coast+Davenport Villa. 2013 LBV Resort.2015 NY+Washington+Davenport Villa+Tampa. 2017 Pensacola+Destin+Kissimmee Villa. 2018 California N to S

Edited at 02:21 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boston, NY, Dayton, Florida can't wait.
Unread 9 Dec 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Very Serious Dibber

DDD's Reviews
This price is for 4 of us, so just over 16 pp. The offer finishes today and I think Im just going to keep my money for now. Ive just spent too much this month already so just going to leave it.

Thank you for your replies guys x