Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ROSIE13
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Travelling to dlp.what works best?

Thinking of a dlp trip later in the year just wondering about the best way to get there is it flights,tunnel,train etc.travelling from the north east during school hols.
ROSIE13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

It all depends on what you prefer and cost for you. We are from the north east and can only go during holiday times and self drive using euro tunnel. We love it. We sometimes book hotel English side for the night and get the early train the next day or we drive through and book a hotel close to Disney (cheaper than the extra night in DLP). This year we've added 2 days on at the start so can have a chilled few days before hitting the parks.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROSIE13 View Post
Thinking of a dlp trip later in the year just wondering about the best way to get there is it flights,tunnel,train etc.travelling from the north east during school hols.
i'm in the Midlands and I've done it several ways in the past, my favourite is Easyjet from Luton (thats about 2 hours drive from me) as they do several flights a day into CDG. I haven't yet driven all the way with either ferry or Eurotunnel. I have done Eurostar from Ebbsfleet though, thats cool and doesn't have to be mega-expensive if you book early.

I wouldn't rule out an evening Easyjet flight out to CDG either from Liverpool for example, as you can get fairly cheap hotel rooms near DLP for your arrival night, then move to onsite early morning next morning for your park time to start .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I live in herefordshire and tend to fly from Birmingham, which is about 1 1/2 hrs drive for me. We tend to get the cheapest flights from there. I have researched flying from Bristol and Cardiff but never found flights at a decent price. I have driven to ebbsfleet once and caught Eurostar but the drive home was awful...i was so tired I swore I'd never do it again, it's just too far.flights for us tend to be around £100-130 return.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

lake district, we go via hull overnight ferry (only one driver) that way there isnt too much driving in one go.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We flew from Birmingham last time and have booked the same this December. The airport is 45 mins from us so it’s very easy. We would like to try the Eurostar but as flights are so easy for us we haven’t got round to it yet!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We have in the past got train from Durham to kings cross, stayed over night at travelodge then travelled the next day on the Eurostar. The Eurostar is getting more expensive so we have got the train to Manchester and easyJet flight from there but next year I’m planning on going may half term for my birthday and booking flights from Edinburgh and just getting train up from Durham and taxi to the airport or airport hotel depending on flight times.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ROSIE13
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for all the replies.hadnt really thought of flying assumed Eurostar would be best but I’ll take a look at flights now.👍🏻
ROSIE13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

The advantage of Eurostar is that the station is literally next to the parks so you can arrive and go straight in. If staying onsite your luggage can be sent to the hotel, and if offsite there Is a left luggage place at the parks.
I guess you need to look at timings for the rest of the journey as to whether it makes sense.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Hull-Zeebrugge ferry?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List