Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 03, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Question Best Ever Filet Steak?

Ok heres a question...

Where have you eaten your best ever filet in Orlando?

MIL will only eat filet when she has a steak and will only eat it cremated (you can imagine how many times her dinners been sent back to chef in the past) .

We have been usually go Ponderosa for this but from all the reports recently looks like they have gone down hill.

We do like the buffet style restaurants, especially as we will have two toddlers and a baby with us, makes life easier for feeding them. Where do you all suggest?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 03, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I too like my steak cremated and have eaten at Ponderosa on the 192 (one nearest splended china) and the one next to wet and wild on International drive and both have been done to complete satisfaction and i am fussy about how my steak is done. We also had a top class steak at the angus steakhouse on the 192 and that too was cooked how i like it, but no buffet with this one although the trimmings were plenty on the plate. Next trip we are going to try the outback steakhouses that get a lot of mentions on the board, just ran out of time last year.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 03, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rfw1
slightly serious Dibber

Hi - I'm new to these boards but I cant help adding my 2cents to this one!

The best steak I have had in Orlando was at cattlemans steak house (i think that's what it was called!) on 192 near the big orange. a bit more pricey than ponderosa and no buffet, however after a 16 oz steak I had dificulty moving!
rfw1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 03, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Try the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary Resort.

Been Twice and the fillet staek is to die for
Old 24 Oct 03, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
panpant
Apprentice Imagineer

My best filet mignion was probably at the Black Angus Steakhouse on the 192, not been to any of the big steak places but it just fell apart, hardly needed a knife at all- yum (feel quite hungry now)

Greg

Here's to you Pops...
panpant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 03, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

We we went to to Spoodles at the Boadwalk and both had filet mignion medallions-they were excellent-restaurant is a bit noisy and as its Disney a bit pricey but would recommend.
Old 25 Oct 03, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
spider
Imagineer

spider's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My DH reckons that the steak in USA is the best tasting he has ever had (I agree to but then I don't keep going on about it like he does! )

Just what is it that makes it so tasty? We ate in Ponderosa, Sizzler, Angels, and each time, it was just gorgous, mine medium and his well done.

It is one of the things that we are really looking forward to when we return, a nice old juicy steak - the USA way!
spider is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread