Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 03, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Pat O'Briens Citywalk

We went in there last week. 4 adults. My friend and me sat a table outside (because you could hardly move inside it was so busy) while our DH's ordered 3 cocktails and 1 diet coke. The bar tender was really stroppy with our menfolk demanding to know who the third alcaholic drink was for. So we both went inside to prove we were old enough to drink. He positively snarled at us before grudgingly handing the drinks over. - No tip for him! We then carried on to the Motown Cafe for more drinkies.

Hmm don't think we'll go there again. Anyone else come accross this attitude?

Jools
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 03, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasia Sam
Imagineer

Fantasia Sam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 16
Restaurant Reviews: 55
I find that the I.D. rule is really important especially at places like Citywalk which has a big teen catchment. The bar staff have to be careful, in fact anyone serving alcohol has to be careful about who they are serving it to.

For example one CM at Disney's The Boardwalk lost her job for selling liquor to someone who she thought looked over 21 and she did not ask for I.D. - the person was not over 21

It's not only against the law to buy it under age it's also against the law to sell it.

It still makes me laugh when my other half Paul is asked for I.D. and he's 45 ! But it's the States and that's what we expect.

I appreciate you probably know all this and I agree the attitude could have been better.

22 years, 36 Trips and counting:

DVC - BCV, WLV, BLT, OKW, SSR
WDW - Pop, AoA, CBR, AKL (Club), BC (Club), YC (Club), BWI, GF, Contemporary
Non-Disney - Four Seasons, Swan & Dolphin, Waldorf, Hilton LBV Palace
DCL - Wonder, Magic, Dream, Fantasy
DLP - Sante Fe, Sequoia, DL Hotel
DL - Grand Californian
Universal - Portofino Bay
Fantasia Sam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 03, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Yes it was the attitude we thought was a bit off, but then we all have our off days I suppose.

Jools
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 03, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by Fantasia Sam
I find that the I.D. rule is really important especially at places like Citywalk which has a big teen catchment. The bar staff have to be careful, in fact anyone serving alcohol has to be careful about who they are serving it to.

It's not only against the law to buy it under age it's also against the law to sell it.

I appreciate you probably know all this and I agree the attitude could have been better.
Also, the establishment can lose it's liquor liscense for serving anyone under 21 not mention be held accounatable if said person causes an accident.

Believe me, it saves lives. But that's no reason for rudeness.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 03, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear of your experience .
We have only had good times there, We like sitting in the courtyard and love their special Chicken wings.
I guess if you asked 10 people you would get 10 different answers.
Old 26 Oct 03, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

speaking of id

speaking of taking ID with you. Does anyone know if they accept British Driving Licence or do you need to carry your passports around with you everywhere you go?
Old 26 Oct 03, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

DH and me sent off for photocard licences to use as ID as we only had the old papaer style. They have been accepted everywhere and have been a bit of a talking point as some places did not realise we had such things in the UK.

Jools
Old 27 Oct 03, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasia Sam
Imagineer

Fantasia Sam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 16
Restaurant Reviews: 55
That's just reminded me to get my DB to get his photo licence - I hate taking his passport everywhere. So yes Kristy if you don't have the photo style licence then you do have to show your passport for I.D. (photocopies are not acceptable) if you want to get served alcohol. I never get asked for I.D. in a restaurant when ordering food but I do certainly in a bar.

22 years, 36 Trips and counting:

DVC - BCV, WLV, BLT, OKW, SSR
WDW - Pop, AoA, CBR, AKL (Club), BC (Club), YC (Club), BWI, GF, Contemporary
Non-Disney - Four Seasons, Swan & Dolphin, Waldorf, Hilton LBV Palace
DCL - Wonder, Magic, Dream, Fantasy
DLP - Sante Fe, Sequoia, DL Hotel
DL - Grand Californian
Universal - Portofino Bay
Fantasia Sam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread